Intermittent Fasting

DocOctagon

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Post by DocOctagon »

This is one of the better write-ups I've seen, with a balanced open approach to IF:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

mikhou wrote:This is purely personal. I toyed with it for about 3 months so granted my experience is limited. It wasn't for me simply because I could not get enough calories in. I definitely got leaner but I also struggled with my strength.
Yes, I can see that happening if you don't get the minimums in. How do you eat now? What differences do you notice?

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Hey Ulrich,

Honestly I got tired of counting calories and I have just started trying to eat healthy. I eat almost the same thing at breakfast most days. I typically have a protein and vegetables for lunch, and then I eat whatever my wife cooks for dinner. In between meals, I snack on protein bars, fruit, or nuts. I'm not going to lie and say that I have six-pack abs because I don't. But I'm as healthy and strong as I've ever been, I look fit, and life is a whole lot less stressful without worrying about every single thing that I eat.

Oh, and if I want dessert with my family, I eat it. But I do try to make that the exception and not the rule.