Bulletproof Coffee

Mug Costanza

Re: Bulletproof Coffee

Post by Mug Costanza »

I'm not sure about the benefits of coffee + fat per se...but the "guru" behind it all Dave Asprey preaches longevity, health and wellness yet self-admittedly lives on modafinil, a prescription stimulant.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Haha! I've yet to try it. Why? Because I like my coffee black, and no matter what benefits butter in coffee may have, I can't go there! :D

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Not a fan....... tried it a few years back, since I was curious about all the 'claims'.... and I also don't like suggesting things to clients until I've done it myself.... love my coffee like the Death Star "large, on the dark side and powerful enough to destroy a f'kin planet"......

Had the coffee first thing and ran with it for about 6 months....... nothing different occurred.....

What quite a few people forget is that you are loading up the coffee with a crap ton of calories, and not a lot of nutrients. Saturated fats are good, but as part of a regular meal, not heaped into a coffee. If you are on a very low carb diet/lifestyle then you may find the energy from the fat to be 'ok'..... but if you follow a 'regular' carb way of eating, then fat loss may not occur.

It's overhyped. The claims are just not backed up by evidence. Indeed this is quite an interesting link on the claims
http://leanmuscleproject.com/bulletproof-coffee/
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Rick Deckard

Post by Rick Deckard »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote: love my coffee like the Death Star "large, on the dark side and powerful enough to destroy a f'kin planet"......
I am seriously tempted to put this in my signature block.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

As a coffee lover I just couldn't bring myself to pollute my morning cup with butter.
I am a lover of "death star ' coffee to

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Gerryatric wrote: I am a lover of "death star ' coffee to
Now that's a great idea for a coffee brand..... need to TM that name straight away :lol:
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:
Gerryatric wrote: I am a lover of "death star ' coffee to
Now that's a great idea for a coffee brand..... need to TM that name straight away :lol:
I'd go real 1RM on this one :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

I'll second what everyone else here has said. I'll still drink it every once in a while, and it certainly does provide stable energy for a long time. But no better than say, coffee and eggs and sausage, or a shake with Greek yogurt and spinach. I also don't love the taste of it. I've made something similar through, by blending heavy cream and chocolate or vanilla whey protein with coffee. That's a lot more delicious and made a decent meal when I was pressed for time. You gotta be careful with the protein though, certain types just turn into disgusting clumps when you mix them with hot coffee.

I've been wanting to try this concoction as well: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

NathanC77 wrote:I'll second what everyone else here has said. I'll still drink it every once in a while, and it certainly does provide stable energy for a long time. But no better than say, coffee and eggs and sausage, or a shake with Greek yogurt and spinach. I also don't love the taste of it. I've made something similar through, by blending heavy cream and chocolate or vanilla whey protein with coffee. That's a lot more delicious and made a decent meal when I was pressed for time. You gotta be careful with the protein though, certain types just turn into disgusting clumps when you mix them with hot coffee.

I've been wanting to try this concoction as well: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/
Tried the egg coffee this morning. It was disgusting.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

NathanC77 wrote:Tried the egg coffee this morning. It was disgusting.
I've been informed by my mother than WAAAAY back in the days, there used to be a egg peddler that would pass by their house with fresh eggs (exited the chicken that very morning). Her parents used to buy the eggs and eat them by cracking them open and dumping freshly steamed rice over it. Apparently the taste of same-day eggs are significantly different from the ones you get at the supermarket these days.

Maybe try those?