Is There a TB Recommended Diet Protocol?

BigMac

Is There a TB Recommended Diet Protocol?

Post by BigMac »

Following TB's training advice has been nothing but positive so far, so I'm wondering if there's an "official" endorsed or TB recommended diet? Crossfit recommends the Zone diet, maybe what works for CF'ers might be appropriate for TB?

J-Madd

Re: Is There a TB Recommended Diet Protocol?

Post by J-Madd »

K. Black outlines some solid nutritional principles in TB, but there is no official diet. There are TBers with various nutritional approaches that have worked well.

Corax

Post by Corax »

Precision Nutrition (John Berardi) and Eat To Perform are good sources often advocated here. I can personally vouch for PN being solid, common sense advice.

Joesph155

Post by Joesph155 »

Do u have to buy PN programs or is the free starter kit for men good enough to meet goals(performance, fat loss, muscle gain, etc)?

tomcatflyer

Post by tomcatflyer »

It's become cliche, but there is that saying "eat real food, not too much, mostly plants" that I think is very applicable. Of course, for our purpose, we could replace "not too much" with "not too much or too little."

Personally, I perform and feel the best when I cut out everything except for meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. When I add intermittent fasting to the mix, I feel like a beast. But ultimately you need to find what works for you. I'd encourage everyone to commit to 30 days of clean eating to see how you feel.