Eat your meat

Barkadion

Eat your meat

Post by Barkadion »

Don't get old, or go for Meat Eater by all means.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.100 ... 016-0504-2

"older muscle appears to retain the capacity to display a robust stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in response to the ingestion of greater doses of protein (~40 g), and such an amount may be required for older adults to achieve a robust stimulation of muscle protein synthesis during post-exercise recovery"
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

WallBilly

Re: Eat your meat

Post by WallBilly »

Very interesting.
This validates my choice of protein shake, post-workout: 2 scoops of whey protein+
I prefer ON gold strawberry, 2 scoops in water, with 5 g creatine monohydrate, and an apple or peach or a handful of fresh berries or something on the side.
That's 50 g protein, post workout. I work out at 6 am and try to get 30 g or so protein and some quality carbs pre-workout.
The article says 40 years+, I'm 54.

Barkadion

Re: Eat your meat

Post by Barkadion »

WallBilly wrote:Very interesting.
This validates my choice of protein shake, post-workout: 2 scoops of whey protein+
I prefer ON gold strawberry, 2 scoops in water, with 5 g creatine monohydrate, and an apple or peach or a handful of fresh berries or something on the side.
That's 50 g protein, post workout. I work out at 6 am and try to get 30 g or so protein and some quality carbs pre-workout.
The article says 40 years+, I'm 54.
Right. 46-er here.

I treat my post-workout time as the rest of the day before I go to bed. I work out at 5:30AM-6AM, so my immediate post- meal is full breakfast. Following by eating normally throughout a day. It has been working good for me. Only discomfort I have is a necessity of pre- supplements (caffeine, creatine, BCAA). I just can't force myself to eat in early morning :(
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky