Intermittent Fasting

Joesph155

Intermittent Fasting

Post by Joesph155 »

Hi guys, I was wondering what your thoughts were on IF. I wake up at 4:30am to workout before school and I eat lunch around 1 and end my fast around 9. Is this ok if I don't suffer in the performance department? Btw, I will be eating 2-3 meals during feeding window and adjusting portions according to goals and performance. Thank you.

tomcatflyer

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Post by tomcatflyer »

Personally I've had great success with IF. I lose fat and feel energized. Getting enough calories is never an issue for me.

It's not for everyone, but it seems like it's working for you.

Joesph155

Post by Joesph155 »

Thanks for the reply, I don't have any problems so far, so I'll keep gettin after it.

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

Hey man,

Sparked my interest, and I did a bit of reading on it. Seems like a nice way to save some time in the mornings. A friend of mine experimented with this a few months ago while also working on conditioning a lot and he got noticeably leaner. He was pretty hungry in the mornings as we would workout around the same time, but I noticed after doing some reading that they recommend drinking BCAAs around your workout which would probably help. I never bothered looking into it then as I want to gain 5 or 10 pounds. This website is called lean "gains" though. I might do some more reading and give it a go next block it seems to make sense

There is a study here that sounds promising. It's on the front page of the site.

http://www.leangains.com