Holidays

tomcatflyer

Re: Holidays

Post by tomcatflyer »

close_fox wrote:
5. Avoid ridiculous food items. One of my relatives always brings an "appetizer" that consists mostly of salad dressing and cheese. It's difficult for me to rationalize eating something like that. Spend those calories on mom's mashed potatoes, pie+ice cream, good whiskey, etc. Not processed goo that is basically garbage.
This. So much this. I recently found myself eating a peanut butter cookie that a coworker brought to the office. As I'm eating it, I realized how much I dislike peanut butter cookies. Why not spend those calories on something that gives a bit more bang for its buck?

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

I think diet is like training. Just like one intense session isn't going to make you superman, one heavy eating session isn't going to add a lot of bulk. It's all about what you do consistently throughout the year.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

close_fox wrote: 5. Avoid ridiculous food items. One of my relatives always brings an "appetizer" that consists mostly of salad dressing and cheese. It's difficult for me to rationalize eating something like that. Spend those calories on mom's mashed potatoes, pie+ice cream, good whiskey, etc. Not processed goo that is basically garbage.
I agree with Tomcatflyer on this -- it's golden. "Why spend your wages one what is not bread?"