Glycine; Haven't Slept This Well in Years!

Gordion

Glycine; Haven't Slept This Well in Years!

Post by Gordion »

Thanks to whoever recommended this. I've been taking 1000mg an hour or two before bed for a week and it's like magic. Nothing else has worked this well for me....not magnesium, not melatonin, nothing. It does seem to be synergistic with the magnesium though. If you're having sleep issues I'd highly recommend giving it a try fellas. 1000mg seems to be my sweet spot, if I go over then I feel a little too sluggish in the mornings.

alottadav

Re: Glycine; Haven't Slept This Well in Years!

Post by alottadav »

Regarding this thread- I started looking up Glyciene and came across this article at MDA.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-reaso ... -collagen/

I picked up a collagen supplement at my local health food store this week and I'm interested to see how it plays out with sleep/recovery and some thinning hair (fingers crossed there! not liekly though)
I would make some homemade bone broth, but with my current schedule/diet/barracks life for 2 more weeks and a move pending after that it is pointless.

I'll add bone broth next month once settled. Sleep felt good with collagen (glyciene in it) prior to bed. Going to continue and report back once I have experienced it some more.

Gordion

Post by Gordion »

alottadav wrote:Regarding this thread- I started looking up Glyciene and came across this article at MDA.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-reaso ... -collagen/

I picked up a collagen supplement at my local health food store this week and I'm interested to see how it plays out with sleep/recovery and some thinning hair (fingers crossed there! not liekly though)
I would make some homemade bone broth, but with my current schedule/diet/barracks life for 2 more weeks and a move pending after that it is pointless.

I'll add bone broth next month once settled. Sleep felt good with collagen (glyciene in it) prior to bed. Going to continue and report back once I have experienced it some more.
Good link. On the sleep side of things I've noticed it's very synergistic with magnesium. By itself it doesn't seem to be that powerful and same with the magnesium (even magnesium-glycinate). But together the combo knocks me right out. I've been getting my best results by taking magnesium first followed by the glycinate 30-60 minutes later.

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

I'll look into glycine, seems interesting. Tried Magnesium citrate and that helped me get out of my insomnia funk. Sleep health has been an interest ever since.
1/7