Creatine & LISS?

Mug Costanza

Creatine & LISS?

Post by Mug Costanza »

Hey guys, so I just started using creatine. I might be imagining it but I think I'm starting to feel a little heavy on my feet during LISS. Is this a side effect of creatine?

One of my main goals is to lose (keep) the weight off and I thought the creatine was supposed to be energizing but it feels like it's just slowing me down. On the other hand I think it might be helping my Operator workouts so not sure what to do here...

Edit: sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Green2Blue

Re: Creatine & LISS?

Post by Green2Blue »

It's very unlikely that you'll FEEL anything with creatine. It's not caffeine or cocain. It works in the background, helping out your ATP-CP system. Since the ATP-CP system is on the opposite end of the spectrum as the oxidative system, the primary system used in LSS, it's unlikely to affect it.

What you're feeling might be extra weight gain caused by water retention, which creatine can sometimes cause. It's harmless.

Saracen

Re: Creatine & LISS?

Post by Saracen »

Mug Costanza wrote:Hey guys, so I just started using creatine. I might be imagining it but I think I'm starting to feel a little heavy on my feet during LISS. Is this a side effect of creatine?

One of my main goals is to lose (keep) the weight off and I thought the creatine was supposed to be energizing but it feels like it's just slowing me down. On the other hand I think it might be helping my Operator workouts so not sure what to do here...

Edit: sorry if this is in the wrong section!
That heavy on the feet feeling goes away, give your body time to adjust. It definitely helps my sprinting and short burst/power activities. That being said I think creatine might be putting me in a foul mood but can't confirm.....