Protein Bars: the good, bad, & ugly...

ISPRocky

Protein Bars: the good, bad, & ugly...

Post by ISPRocky »

Trying to find a good protein bar, I'm laughing at myself as I'm trying this. I like to have them with me in case I'm running out of the house unexpectedly on a call or my shift gets extended.
I've been eating Robert Irvine's Fortifx Fit Crunch bars because of the 30g of protein but recently learning about the sugar alcohols (it contains 16g!). Ashley Horner is pushing Condition One bars but those also seem high​ in sugar plus low on protein.
Head is spinning. I know bars aren't the best but if I need to eat one, I want the best quality out there.
If anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know. Thanks and stay safe!

TangoZero

Re: Protein Bars: the good, bad, & ugly...

Post by TangoZero »

ISPRocky wrote:Trying to find a good protein bar, I'm laughing at myself as I'm trying this. I like to have them with me in case I'm running out of the house unexpectedly on a call or my shift gets extended.
I've been eating Robert Irvine's Fortifx Fit Crunch bars because of the 30g of protein but recently learning about the sugar alcohols (it contains 16g!). Ashley Horner is pushing Condition One bars but those also seem high​ in sugar plus low on protein.
Head is spinning. I know bars aren't the best but if I need to eat one, I want the best quality out there.
If anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know. Thanks and stay safe!

Here you go:

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein-bars

Labdoor is pretty reliable and thorough.

I personally use Quest and Vega.

ISPRocky

Post by ISPRocky »

Thank you for the info!

GlassCityMedic

Post by GlassCityMedic »

I like the Caffeine and Kilos coffee/chocolate bars. They are fairly low in protein though (I think only about 8 g). Plus side is they are pretty healthy and have some caffeine to keep you going. I eat them at work when I am extended as well, though not specifically for the protein content.

travman

Post by travman »

I use the Pure Protein bars, they don't taste bad and have roughly 21g of protein.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 96106.html

These are essentially Costco Quest Bars at around 1 dollar apiece.

travman

Post by travman »

Tym87 wrote:https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 96106.html

These are essentially Costco Quest Bars at around 1 dollar apiece.

I have seen theses at Costco, how do they taste? I've never had Quest bars.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

I like Quest bars from a quality standpoint...taste-wise meh. The double chocolate chunk is fairly tasty though.

supernova

Post by supernova »

I usually do quest bars but recently discovered optibar is also pretty comparable. In my opinion they taste much much better than quest.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

DocOctagon wrote:I like Quest bars from a quality standpoint...taste-wise meh. The double chocolate chunk is fairly tasty though.
double chocolate chunk is probably the best. They are all very dense bars, I wouldn't eat one without a drink near by.