Supplement for joints

Barkadion

Supplement for joints

Post by Barkadion »

I am dealing with my shoulder now. Friend of mine has recommended Cissus Quadrangularis as it helps with joints, cartilages and possible issues that are related to the injuries. I have been taking it for a week now and I am seeing some improvements.

Frankly, I am not sure if it is a placebo effect or my shoulder just heals naturally.. But I don't see any side effects..

Just FYI guys.

Do you has any personal experience with the supp?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Aelian

Re: Supplement for joints

Post by Aelian »

I've heard good things but no personal experience.

But I do have some experience with sam-e, has many many benefits including joint health:

http://phlabs.com/sam-e

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Aelian wrote:I've heard good things but no personal experience.

But I do have some experience with sam-e, has many many benefits including joint health:

http://phlabs.com/sam-e
Thank you! Interesting!

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

1) Make your own bone broths with ox tail, short ribs, bulk bones etc. for beefy flavor. Use leftover chicken carcasses for chicken. The broth and gelatin is awesome. I just bought an instant pot and will be experimenting with this method hopefully saving time.

2) hydrolzyzed collagen. Great Lakes green can or zint (both on Amazon). I take 2 tbsp a day in coffee or soup.

3) Use curry spices in cooking for curcumin/turmeric (anti inflammatory).

4) if eating a lot of night shades consider removal/reduction and reintroduction to test if they bother you.

5) eat a few serving of fatty cold water fish per week ( sardines and mackerel are great)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Jefferson wrote:1) Make your own bone broths with ox tail, short ribs, bulk bones etc. for beefy flavor. Use leftover chicken carcasses for chicken. The broth and gelatin is awesome. I just bought an instant pot and will be experimenting with this method hopefully saving time.

2) hydrolzyzed collagen. Great Lakes green can or zint (both on Amazon). I take 2 tbsp a day in coffee or soup.

3) Use curry spices in cooking for curcumin/turmeric (anti inflammatory).

4) if eating a lot of night shades consider removal/reduction and reintroduction to test if they bother you.

5) eat a few serving of fatty cold water fish per week ( sardines and mackerel are great)
Thanks mate! I am jumping on amazon now.
"your own bone broths" threw me off with the first reading, though :lol:

tomcatflyer

Post by tomcatflyer »

What type of injury are you dealing with? Curcumin has been very effective for me in reducing inflammation.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

tomcatflyer wrote:What type of injury are you dealing with? Curcumin has been very effective for me in reducing inflammation.
It feels like classic impingement which is very broad term..

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

The protein powder is from a company called true nutrition. You basically create your own blend and recently they started offering collagen to add in. I started using that as I've read it supports joints/connective tissue. Sure they sell it other places but just food for thought

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tyr0331 wrote:The protein powder is from a company called true nutrition. You basically create your own blend and recently they started offering collagen to add in. I started using that as I've read it supports joints/connective tissue. Sure they sell it other places but just food for thought
Interesting! Thank you. I'm taking collagen now. Will see.,

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I have to say that Collagen makes real difference..