Meal Prep Recipes

spemma

Meal Prep Recipes

Post by spemma »

Dieting, or just nutritional success in general I think depends a fair amount on good meal prep. I usually keep it pretty simple and make a batch of chicken breasts, frozen veggies, and make a potato in one of those microwave potato pockets. That can get a little dull over time, but it's simple.

You guys have any good meals that are quick and easy to make that are a staple of your weekly eating? Or better ways of making chicken breasts now that it's getting too cold to grill outdoors?

Barkadion

Re: Meal Prep Recipes

Post by Barkadion »

I do simple cooking as well for myself.

And if I am pressed for time... And I usually do.. I just throw meat, potato, and some veggies into the pot and simply boil it.
Or I'd do the same with the oven and just bake it.

Takes about 15-30 min depending on the particular foods. But chicken breast/beef chunks, potato, and broccoli is always easy solution. Sometimes I just boil/bake some meat and add some fresh veggies without making a salad.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

My quick meal is to grab any leftover meat and veggies in the refrigerator and pan fry them for a few minutes and then throw some eggs in. It's quick, easy, and high in protein.

BlackPyjamas

Post by BlackPyjamas »

spemma wrote:Dieting, or just nutritional success in general I think depends a fair amount on good meal prep. I usually keep it pretty simple and make a batch of chicken breasts, frozen veggies, and make a potato in one of those microwave potato pockets. That can get a little dull over time, but it's simple.

You guys have any good meals that are quick and easy to make that are a staple of your weekly eating? Or better ways of making chicken breasts now that it's getting too cold to grill outdoors?
I used to boil a really big pot of pasta (whole wheat), and then empty several cans of tuna and pasta sauce in it. I could dip into it all week for a quick meal that met my macros. I had a few different variations; free range meatballs (bison or beef), sliced chicken breast or left-over steak instead of the tuna. I would occasionally spruce it up with parmesan cheese or banana peppers.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Crockpot Chili helped me add some weight when I did gladiator way back (Deadlifts and Bench Press)

2lbs of lean beef/turkey
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 jar chunky salsa
1 beer
1 tomato paste at the end
season to taste

I paired this up with some sausages for a nice bulking effect, without the sausages it is a decent meal high in protein and fiber.