Booze

Conor78

Booze

Post by Conor78 »

Just returning to base building this week after running TB from Jan to April. Went to kettlebell work most of the summer trying to get to Sinister.
Anyhow I train well during the week but Friday I have a few glasses of red, Sat maybe a bottle of red and a few pints of Guinness. Want to drop from 100 kg closer to 95kg. Anyone got any decent suggestions as an alternative to wine or stout? Could abstinence be the best option...

Barkadion

Re: Booze

Post by Barkadion »

Personally, I found that booze kills my training one way or another. So, I don't drink. Well.. don't get me wrong, I've had my share of wild youth. But.. Maybe.. I am just getting old. I don't see any reason to drink anymore..

Sorry mate, just my 2c.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

I know what you mean..definitely noticed a big difference with the effects of booze when I hit my thirties. I don't tend to overdo it unless I'm out for a night out. I'm probably training better/more consistently now than I ever did but booze definitely makes it harder go shift body fat ....

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

BTW.. Here is a good article related to the topic..

https://rippedbody.com/alcohol/

antlas

Post by antlas »

To be honest, that's a ton of alcohol. I don't think switching to a different drink would help all that much. Try cutting it out (or at least waaay back) for a few weeks and see how you feel.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yeah that’s a pretty big night mate. No way that is good long term.

I can get away with the occasional beer with a meal,but if I have 2-3 I notice my recovery gets worse.

I now limit my alcohol consumption to barely anything and I feel that is the best option.

SPACE_CORPS_NOW

Post by SPACE_CORPS_NOW »

That’s a lot of booze. Try to learn to be happy with 2-3 drinks in a night 1-2 nights a week. You’ll drop fat like crazy. The booze is a triple threat for me: it has a lot of calories, it makes me lazy the next day, and it makes me crave shitty food both while drunk and the next morning to settle my stomach. It’s rarely worth it.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

SPACE_CORPS_NOW wrote:Try to learn to be happy
That's the key ;)

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

I found this to be an age-related thing in my case. After hitting around 36yrs booze hit me pretty hard in terms of recovery, training, body composition. Before that I could get away with a lot more...some of you here are no doubt familiar with showing up to morning pt still hungover...once upon a time I could (and did) do that. Now it's unthinkable.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

I have a whiskey or bourbon rocks and find that I never want more than two (3oz total). If I have wine I’ll take out the whole bottle. Unfortunately almost always have wine. Based on the comments here on your amount being a ton of booze I’ll leave my intake out.