Protein and other supplements advice needed

Ibrahimovic105

Protein and other supplements advice needed

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

I am 20 years old male and currently on Grey skull lp linear progression as many of y'all suggested on my first post on this forum to start training with linear progression.
One thing I've realized is that to the end of the training session I feel a bit gassed out even when I'm on training to the failure.
Also I don't get all the daily nutrition needed with a not lot protein food cooked at home even after my lot of protests to my mother...... Sigh
So I wanted to ask y'all what supplements should I begin taking to benefit me the most?

ectional

Re: Protein and other supplements advice needed

Post by ectional »

I'm not sure what you mean by feeling a little gassed out after training. You're not supposed to feel completely fresh after your workout. That comes after recovery.
And as for the nutrition... You're 20 years old. You're a grown man, cook your own food, you're going to need that skill in life anyway. But as you said yourself, if you don't get enough protein - a whey protein supplement would go towards fixing that. Creatine is another cheap but effective supplement. But really, concentrate on getting your base nutrition right first.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I am with ectional on this one. Cook your food. Take time to educate yourself about nutrition. Get some protein supplements if you don't have proper amount of protein from your food. Give yourself some time to learn it, to make mistakes, and to find your sweet spot. There are plenty nutritional information around.

Here is my rules.
- Cook 90% of my food. Boiling and baking mostly.
- Stay away from dressings and mayo stuff.
- Drink water, tea, coffee. Stay away from soda and juices.
- Fruit is your snack. Fruit is your sugar.
- Don't be afraid of carbs. Grains is your friend.
- Don't stuff your face with meats only. You can get protein from dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese, kefir) and beans (slit peas my favorite) as well.
- Veggies and fiber are important.
- Supplements is not food. Take it only as needed.

But do your reading about nutrition and learn how to cook first. You can do it.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ectional

Post by ectional »

Also worth mentioning that if you start cooking, cook in bulk for the week, or half the week. It's much easier this way to grab your healthy pre-made food from the fridge and throw it in the microwave. That way you really don't have an excuse to order take-out when you get home later than usual or are feeling more tired than usual.
I basically always have three tupperware containers. One for protein (meat), second for carbs (rice, sweet potato, buckwheat) and the third one for vegetables (green beans, broccoli etc). When it's time to eat I just combine my plate from all three. Usually 200 grams of each.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

ectional wrote:Also worth mentioning that if you start cooking, cook in bulk for the week, or half the week. It's much easier this way to grab your healthy pre-made food from the fridge and throw it in the microwave. That way you really don't have an excuse to order take-out when you get home later than usual or are feeling more tired than usual.
I basically always have three tupperware containers. One for protein (meat), second for carbs (rice, sweet potato, buckwheat) and the third one for vegetables (green beans, broccoli etc). When it's time to eat I just combine my plate from all three. Usually 200 grams of each.
That's a fantastic advice and thanks to you and Barkadion for the tough advice I'll definitely implement this. I wanted to ask which protein powder brands do y'all recommend and how should I go about consuming it (quantity). Due to religious constraints I can't consume chicken, fish eggs everyday that is why a shift to protein supplement.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
ectional wrote:Also worth mentioning that if you start cooking, cook in bulk for the week, or half the week. It's much easier this way to grab your healthy pre-made food from the fridge and throw it in the microwave. That way you really don't have an excuse to order take-out when you get home later than usual or are feeling more tired than usual.
That's a fantastic advice and thanks to you and Barkadion for the tough advice I'll definitely implement this. I wanted to ask which protein powder brands do y'all recommend and how should I go about consuming it (quantity). Due to religious constraints I can't consume chicken, fish eggs everyday that is why a shift to protein supplement.
Personally, whey protein works the best for me. I use whey isolate.
https://labdoor.com/review/myprotein-im ... ey-isolate

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Barkadion wrote:
Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
Danke!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
Danke!
Bitte schön