Leadership reading material

Will you give yourself to this program....?
Tyr0331

Leadership reading material

Post by Tyr0331 »

Looking for reading material regarding team leader qualities/guidelines while in a Military/Law Enforcement environment

Mindboozer

Re: Leadership reading material

Post by Mindboozer »

Had a buddy who read "Extreme Ownership" by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. Said it was really good.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Mindboozer wrote:Had a buddy who read "Extreme Ownership" by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. Said it was really good.
I've been hearing more about that book lately. Think I will check it out. Thanks

BJJ

Post by BJJ »

Kyle Lamb and Paul Howe both have excellent books on leadership. If you aren't not familiar with them, they have a lot of experience in U.S. Army special operations.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Currently reading "Leadership Secrets of Atilla the Hun", a fun one to be sure.

travman

Post by travman »

It's been a while since I have read it, but it was good. "The Mission, The Men, and Me" by Pete Blaber.

Block20GoesBoom

Post by Block20GoesBoom »

Mindboozer wrote:Had a buddy who read "Extreme Ownership" by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. Said it was really good.
I own this book,was an amazing read. I am currently AD military and I could immediately implement ideas presented in this book.

ARLOG2017

Post by ARLOG2017 »

I'm currently reading "Turn your Ship Around" by L. David Marquet. It's about creating leader-leader based organizations and empowering subordinates to take charge of their part of the mission. The book is an easy read and the leadership lessons are universal with some great reflection questions at the end of each chapter.

He also has a good youtube video that explains the concepts of his book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmdLcyES_Q&t=17s

I'm going to give extreme ownership a gander after I finish this one.
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.”
― Epictetus

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Highly recommend Extreme Ownership.

Just finished "Steel My Soldiers' Hearts" by Colonel David Hackworth. If you want a first class leadership lesson on how to be a combat leader, there it is. A gold mine of invaluable leadership advice and insights. A man truly ahead of his times.

mtguy1976

Post by mtguy1976 »

Basically what ever one else has said. I love the book and recommend it to people I know that are having issues with higher ups (aka Brass) or with people they are in charge of. Really easy read