HIC or E For Mood?

Will you give yourself to this program....?
Mug Costanza

HIC or E For Mood?

Post by Mug Costanza »

Just curious fellas, do you find greater mood improvements after a HIC or E?

bytes-cruncher

Re: HIC or E For Mood?

Post by bytes-cruncher »

Definitely E for me and if I remember correctly then I read in "The brain's way of healing" by Norman Dodge that LSS style walking/running has a therapeutic effect on brain.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

bytes-cruncher wrote:Definitely E for me and if I remember correctly then I read in "The brain's way of healing" by Norman Dodge that LSS style walking/running has a therapeutic effect on brain.
Never heard of this book but sounds interesting, thanks for mentioning it. LSS also supposedly resets or rejuvenates dopamine receptors as well.

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

Awesome question man. For me, E chills me out and makes me feel mellow. HIC does the opposite, wakes me up and makes me want to tackle my goals. Both good moods, just different flavors.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

E definitely for me. Once I get a good pace going, I can easily forget the time and just enjoy it. When I first got married it used to drive my wife nuts, as I'd say I was going out for a short run and it ended up being much longer. I'd say "oh just a quick two miles" and the next thing you'd know it'd be two hours later and she's trying to figure out where the heck I went :lol:

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

LSS gets me on meditative state of mind. Also, I feel kind of "high". I guess, endorphins kicking in and you fly.

Lifting gives me feeling of completion on the other end of the spectrum. Which feels great as well.

Needless to say that lack of exercising makes my existence miserable...
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

E seems to put me in a good mood that carries over for a day or more. HIC feels good right after but it's short lived.

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

E all the way for me.. I forgot how chilled I feel after getting it done. I've been doing some of my LSS before work and it definitely helps with being productive etc. I enjoy HIIT at the time but I don't get a chilled out buzz afterwards

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

E for me without a doubt. I feel really good after an E session. Whether its an LSS run, a "double" or a triple, I feel great. I also do a lot of my E training in the evening before bed because it tires me out well and improves my quality of sleep which feels awesome.
Get after it!

cws1992

Post by cws1992 »

E for sure. It's put in such a great mood. Especially when I have a good music playlist.