Wim Hoff method

Will you give yourself to this program....?
Conor78

Wim Hoff method

Post by Conor78 »

Has anyone tried the Wim Hoff method for breathing and exposure to the cold. I tried it briefly last year but didn't stick to it..I'm moving out of BB this week and I'm going to run my continuation protocol along with the Wim Hoff method. It's a nice interesting concept. I've been doing some swimming in a lake at the moment and it's very cold in Ireland at the moment so it's perfect conditions to run this program...should be interesting

lennarn

Re: Wim Hoff method

Post by lennarn »

Can you sum up the method in a few sentences? Maybe others would have an easier time following.

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

Conor78

Post by Conor78 »

That's pretty much it....I have found it very effective in terms of producing clarity of thought..leaves me feeling very relaxed.. he's a very interesting guy

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

I'm going to experiment with it this week.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Tym87 wrote:I'm going to experiment with it this week.
How's this going?

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Well to be honest I haven't really done it yet. I got the 3 dollar app and I've yet to do it. Now that I have the push, I'll try to get it done. i'll be missing the cold bath parts since I can't get my foot wet for another week and I think that might be a critical aspect.

Corax

Post by Corax »

I'm not sure about it. I was very interested in the beginning and read / watched everything I could get my hands on. I know it sounds lame, but I think something's off about this dude. I personally think it's bullshit and some of the claims he (and his company) make are ridiculous. It supposedly cures everything from depression to cancer. I lost my father to cancer two years ago and really REALLY hate companies preying on desperate people. Now, the things he does ARE exceptional, but maybe he's just a special specimen. They also delete every critique or bad review on their FB page, something I don't respect at all. With all their workshops, certifications (certification to be able to sit in a cold bath?) and Wim Hof himself even popping up in Japanese commercials now, it all seems money grab to me. That said, I do think having cold showers and what not can have benefits, but I think they're blowing it way out of proportion. And if they go down the ridiculous claims path - someone should end it.

I'm from Belgium and over here we have a saying: if you didn't get conned by a Dutchman ... he simply forgot.

Keep that in mind;)

Sorntel

Post by Sorntel »

Corax wrote:I'm not sure about it. I was very interested in the beginning and read / watched everything I could get my hands on. I know it sounds lame, but I think something's off about this dude. I personally think it's bullshit and some of the claims he (and his company) make are ridiculous. It supposedly cures everything from depression to cancer. I lost my father to cancer two years ago and really REALLY hate companies preying on desperate people. Now, the things he does ARE exceptional, but maybe he's just a special specimen. They also delete every critique or bad review on their FB page, something I don't respect at all. With all their workshops, certifications (certification to be able to sit in a cold bath?) and Wim Hof himself even popping up in Japanese commercials now, it all seems money grab to me. That said, I do think having cold showers and what not can have benefits, but I think they're blowing it way out of proportion. And if they go down the ridiculous claims path - someone should end it.

I'm from Belgium and over here we have a saying: if you didn't get conned by a Dutchman ... he simply forgot.

Keep that in mind;)
Interesting. I kinda get that same vibe tbh. I think there's probably some benefit to the breathing and meditation techniques but I'm skeptical that cold exposure is some sort of miracle cure-all.

Corax

Post by Corax »

I actually started doing cold showers from time to time before I learned about the WHM. I feel invigorated when I do it, but it didn't make me turn into superman. Tactical Barbell did;)

Here's a piece by a fellow Dutchman highlighting some good and bad stuff: http://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/2016/01/wim-hof-method/

I don't agree with him saying there's little critique to find, as they routinely delete every bad comment or review. But still, you can easily try the method yourself and see what's in it for you. It's obvious Wim Hof was (is) a troubled guy and his method gave him some peace of mind. Good for him.

Now, I may introduce The Corax Method: Warm Bath Meditation. Cures everything from the winter blues to cold shower side effects. *

* no refunds