Leadership reading material

Will you give yourself to this program....?
Ibrahimovic105

Re: Leadership reading material

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Tyr0331 wrote:Looking for reading material regarding team leader qualities/guidelines while in a Military/Law Enforcement environment
There is this highly rated book " Toughen Up! Basic Training for Leadership and Success " by Claude hamilton ...he is a navy diver and ive read good reviews about it ....highly recommend to check it out heres the link -

https://www.amazon.com/Toughen-Up-Train ... 0989576337

P.S- if you do read it later can you post a review of it in the future?

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
Tyr0331 wrote:Looking for reading material regarding team leader qualities/guidelines while in a Military/Law Enforcement environment
There is this highly rated book " Toughen Up! Basic Training for Leadership and Success " by Claude hamilton ...he is a navy diver and ive read good reviews about it ....highly recommend to check it out heres the link -

So you didn’t read it but you want me to read it and leave a review?? Did you write the book?

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Tyr0331 wrote:
Ibrahimovic105 wrote:

So you didn’t read it but you want me to read it and leave a review?? Did you write the book?
Ive been dying to read it and its highly rated on Goodreads but it isnt available in my country nor there is any ebook format for me to buy......All i'm saying take a look if it appeals to you then read it or else take a pass...

No i didnt write the book its written by claude hamilton

Tirofijo

Post by Tirofijo »

Very simple 'leadership" book, but I got a lot out of it. Recognized a lot of mistakes I've made.

A Warrior's Path - Lessons In Leadership by Robert Trivino

https://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Path-Le ... 183&sr=1-1

Author was in the conventional Army, then Ranger Battalion then Delta. It's not a 'no shit, there I was' book about combat. Just anecdotes from his military time (much of it in training or in garrison) and the leadership lessons he drew from them.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Extreme Ownership gets more praise. I'm three hours into the audiobook and it's fantastic.

travman

Post by travman »

The Generals: American Military Command from World War II till Today by Thomas E Ricks. It covers what a general is, the model general, and how different the leaders are from World War II to now.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Everyone keeps recommending extreme ownership by Jocko WILLINK.

I read his other book, Discipline, and thought it was terrible. I read it in a bit more than an hour and came away pretty underwhelmed.
Has anyone read both and can tell me how they compare?

I am not interested in a book that tells me to get up earlier or that I need to just do things.
I already know and do this.
That is a Facebook or blog post topic.Not a book.

If it is just another book spread out with minimal words on pages and full of quotes then I am not interested.

travman

Post by travman »

Maxrip13 wrote:Everyone keeps recommending extreme ownership by Jocko WILLINK.

I read his other book, Discipline, and thought it was terrible. I read it in a bit more than an hour and came away pretty underwhelmed.

I am not interested in a book that tells me to get up earlier or that I need to just do things.

If it is just another book spread out with minimal words on pages and full of quotes then I am not interested.
You just saved me $10 :D

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

travman wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Everyone keeps recommending extreme ownership by Jocko WILLINK.

You just saved me $10 :D
Haha glad to hear.

I am so disappointed. I usually don't really care but I could fit the contents of the book in a post on here.

The book is basically the Nike slogan:"Just do it"

I am sure the guy is alright but it left a real sour taste in my mouth.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Tirofijo wrote:Very simple 'leadership" book, but I got a lot out of it. Recognized a lot of mistakes I've made.

A Warrior's Path - Lessons In Leadership by Robert Trivino

https://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Path-Le ... 183&sr=1-1

Author was in the conventional Army, then Ranger Battalion then Delta. It's not a 'no shit, there I was' book about combat. Just anecdotes from his military time (much of it in training or in garrison) and the leadership lessons he drew from them.
I have not met Trivino personally, but several Marines I served with have and say he is a stand up guy. I picked up the book when it first came out, it is a very interesting read.