Reading List

The Lounge
Tym87

Re: Reading List

Post by Tym87 »

travman wrote: I want to buy some more books, but the wife doesn't see the point.
That's too bad, although with Overdrive and a library card you can access a ton of free audiobooks. I am reading Elon Musk and loving it.

travman

Post by travman »

Tym87 wrote:That's too bad, although with Overdrive and a library card you can access a ton of free audiobooks. I am reading Elon Musk and loving it.
This is awesome. I am going to try and make it down to my local library tomorrow! Thanks for the info!

Barkadion

History of military training

Post by Barkadion »

Came across this one. Interesting reading for me personally since I'm not in the military..

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/cgsc/carl/d ... ldEast.pdf
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

For the sci-fi buffs....I just cracked open book 1 of the Expanse series. Came very highly recommended, it was put to me by a trustworthy source that it was right "up there with Game of Thrones". Will update as I progress.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Nomad wrote:For the sci-fi buffs....I just cracked open book 1 of the Expanse series. Came very highly recommended, it was put to me by a trustworthy source that it was right "up there with Game of Thrones". Will update as I progress.
How is it so far?

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Listened to "How Bad Do You Want It?" By Matt Fitzgerald. It was on sale and about sports psychology and how your mental game is what takes you from good to great in endurance sports. I would highly recommend listening to this during your next base building block.

Currently reading the Snowman. Pretty decent detective noir.

alphajuliet92

Post by alphajuliet92 »

Kiss or Kill by Mark Twight has been pretty entertaining thus far.

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Tym87 wrote:Listened to "How Bad Do You Want It?" By Matt Fitzgerald. It was on sale and about sports psychology and how your mental game is what takes you from good to great in endurance sports. I would highly recommend listening to this during your next base building block.

Currently reading the Snowman. Pretty decent detective noir.
Thanks for the recommendations...I'm going to have to check out the Fitzgerald book. Looks very relevant for us seeing as it's coming from the perspective of endurance sports.

Is the Snowman part of a longer detective series? Sounds vaguely familiar.

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Just finished reading The Ritual by Adam Neville....highly recommend if you enjoy horror. One caveat; the story takes a turn during the second half which is a bit of a let-down, but the majority of the book is excellent. Haven't been that creeped out reading a book in ages.
Last edited by TangoZero on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

alphajuliet92 wrote:Kiss or Kill by Mark Twight has been pretty entertaining thus far.
I've been meaning to for years. Is it like in vignettes or is it a longer piece?