Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

The Lounge
Ibrahimovic105

Re: Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

In western Lonesome Dove ,Deadwood ,Hell on wheels anymore?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

BlackPyjamas wrote:
grouchyjarhead wrote:Add The Punisher to this list.
x100

Binged this in two nights. Not a superhero/comic fan either.
Watching it now. Great one.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

The Punisher star tells us about growing up with big ears, getting a gun pulled on him in Russia, and why Shia LaBeouf has the most beautiful soul in the world.

"when I got to know a little bit about this character… He ain’t got a fucking cape. He ain’t got any superpowers. He’s a fucking tortured, angry father and husband who’s living in this unbelievable world of darkness and loss and torment. Frank Castle resonates with me. And comic-book fans are the greatest fans on earth. It’s not like their insane fervor isn’t based on anything. This is a super-intelligent fan base, because reading a comic book requires you to do a lot of work. You’ve got to fill in all these fucking gaps. I’m respectful of that. These characters exist in their minds and hearts."

https://www.gq.com/story/jon-bernthal-outsiders-profile

travman

Post by travman »

I had to struggle through the first two or three episodes, but now it is getting good.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Watched Godless of Netflix.....its a western like none other ive ever watched..goddamn awesome!!.....a good way to prepare for the upcoming western adventure game " Red Dead Redemption 2"....pretty stoked for it! (Thanks Sebassius for the recommendation)

OldManAsh

Post by OldManAsh »

Bumping this with a recommendation to check out Born Strong on Netflix. It's a perfect follow up to Eddie Strongman (mentioned previously in this thread), and follows four strongman competitors (Eddie Hall, Zadrunas Savickas, Thor Bjornsson, and Brian Shaw) as they prep to compete at the Arnold Strongman Classic. Amazing look into their training and nutrition, but also their personal and family lives. Highly highly recommended.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

If you're a fan of 1980s post apocalyptic movies with completely unrealistic and unnecessary gore, Turbo Kid on Netflix was surprisingly fun. Watched it the other night as it came highly recommended by people I know.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I am watching Altered Carbon on the Netflix. Weird, brutal stuff. I am surprised how many sleazy Russian mobsters still exist in the virtual future :D A lot of blood and artificial combat going on there.. They are trying to squeeze some warrior philosophy into the mix as well. Weird, as I said before. But still entertaining.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Just watched 6 Days last night on netflix. Pretty good, not going to blow you away but a pretty cool story about the SAS taking back the Iranian embassy in London 1980ish. I think it hollywood-ifies some (leaving out the size of the SAS contingent but I liked it.

Svenjolly

Post by Svenjolly »

Currently watching The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. Can't say if I recommend it just yet...started out strong but as of season 2 it's taken a sharp turn, not necessarily for the better.