Success Stories Thread

The Lounge
RT Maury

Re: Success Stories Thread

Post by RT Maury »

I've had improvement in several areas since starting the TB.... cardio, strength, fatlosss. But the achievement I'm most proud of is going from 0 to 18 pull-ups in little less than 9 months.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

RT Maury wrote:I've had improvement in several areas since starting the TB.... cardio, strength, fatlosss. But the achievement I'm most proud of is going from 0 to 18 pull-ups in little less than 9 months.
0-18 pull-ups is fabulous! Not only is that a great achievement in itself, but it probably indicates that fitness attributes across the board are in good order. Weak and fat people can't do 18 pull-ups. Great work.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:
RT Maury wrote:I've had improvement in several areas since starting the TB.... cardio, strength, fatlosss. But the achievement I'm most proud of is going from 0 to 18 pull-ups in little less than 9 months.
0-18 pull-ups is fabulous! Not only is that a great achievement in itself, but it probably indicates that fitness attributes across the board are in good order. Weak and fat people can't do 18 pull-ups. Great work.
No joke. It took me years to do that. Well done.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

One of my own.

Did a popular GoRuck training routine prior to a GoRuck and tore my ACL during the event. Discovered TB while I was on the mend, did Base Building and Fighter+Green for my next event (actually somewhat similar to Fighter Bangkok) and about six months after the tear (three of which I was laid up with no training whatsoever) I finished my next GoRuck attempt strong.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:One of my own.

Did a popular GoRuck training routine prior to a GoRuck and tore my ACL during the event. Discovered TB while I was on the mend, did Base Building and Fighter+Green for my next event (actually somewhat similar to Fighter Bangkok) and about six months after the tear (three of which I was laid up with no training whatsoever) I finished my next GoRuck attempt strong.
This is great considering it involves injury recovery. (my favorite topic lately :( ) Great job!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Barkadion wrote:This is great considering it involves injury recovery. (my favorite topic lately :( ) Great job!
I'm still back in that boat. Still working through two herniated discs. Was almost 100% but had a small setback but things are getting better week by week.

Shivayan

Post by Shivayan »

Vagabond wrote: That's some solid progress Shivayan, thanks for posting. I'm impressed by your squat and dips in particular, but damn that's a fine WPU max too. Looks even more impressive in lbs.
Thank you!
Mass, Gladiator and Operator have been my staples.
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:
Barkadion wrote:This is great considering it involves injury recovery. (my favorite topic lately :( ) Great job!
I'm still back in that boat. Still working through two herniated discs. Was almost 100% but had a small setback but things are getting better week by week.
Once you get on that boat..

I've never dealt with the discs issues, but.. What I found about recovery with joints/soft tissues/ligaments involved that the very same movement that can aggravate it can also help it. Moving through the "tricky" movement with light weight, slow pattern and thorough form can actually contribute into the recovery the great deal. YMMV, though.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

littleinfantry

Post by littleinfantry »

I posted this on the r/tacticalbarbell and it was mentioned I bring it over here. This thread seems the perfect place!

I was excited reading all the success stories on here before I started my conditioning phase and my first operator block. They got me more motivated to better myself than any other program I've read about or thought about trying, and I couldn't wait to post my own. I just finished my first block, and if there's anyone who still has any reservations about starting TB, just drop it and do it!

Stats before:
Weight: 185 @ 20% bf give or take
Bench: 185 lbs
Squat: 205 lbs
Pull-ups: 5 crappy ones
2 mile: 14:50
Push-ups: 42 without stopping

Stats after:
Weight: 182 @ <20% (I can see abs finally!)
Bench: 215 lbs
Squat: 245 lbs
Pull-ups: 9 solid looking ones
2 mile 14:00
Push-ups: 56 without stopping

And I feel the improvements would have been bigger had I not done a training rotation in the middle for two weeks where I could sparsely go to the gym and wasn't able to get away to run. Not only were the workouts enjoyable, but I wasn't run down at all. I still had energy to hang out with my wife and dog without being sore or tired.

I now have 6 weeks where I'll have solid gym and track time, some good motivation and a hill to play with.

And I'm excited to make that hill my b*tch.

Stechkin

Post by Stechkin »

Just wrapped up a 6 week Operator I/A (from TB2) block after a 3 month hiatus from lifting. I last tested in early June and started this block in early September using the same numbers I got from the June test (no TM). I had expected to have slightly weakened during the break, but had no problems getting any of the reps and at the end of the block had actually made some progress (around +5 lb to OHP and weighted chin ups and +11 lb to trap bar deadlift). I had expected to break even at best so it was a pleasant surprise, and further reinforces what KB said in the book about your lifts staying pretty constant even after an extended break.