odd forum behavior

The Lounge
TBPenguin

odd forum behavior

Post by TBPenguin »

When looking at older threads, some posts will show as blank. If the quote button is hit, the original text can be read, so it is there, but not visible when scrolling a thread. There is no real pattern to this. One page might have most of the posts visible, the next page might have one post visible. Tried this with both Chrome and Brave.

simoncar

Re: odd forum behavior

Post by simoncar »

I am experiencing the same thing and have also tried using different browsers ie...Firefox, Safari, Chrome. I have tried logging in then out...resetting cookies etc etc. Its really strange......some comments display in a thread and some don't.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

The quote option has disappeared and probably led to these posts disappearing. I can no longer quote people which is a bit frustrating. It sucks because I absolutely love the forum, but it's much harder to interact directly outside of peoples logs.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Max, that is bizarre. I just tried quoting you and replying - no matter what I wrote it said "not enough..."

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

[quote="TBPenguin"]Max, that is bizarre. I just tried quoting you and replying - no matter what I wrote it said "not enough..."[/quote

This is how I get around it now. I just remove the last bracket so people no the post I am referring to. I thought it was brought up in a previous thread and just accepted it as the new normal. I noticed some old posts showing blank, but many were my own so I didn't think much of it. I thought it would just go away after the next forum refresh.

FortyPlusRunner

Post by FortyPlusRunner »

I think it's the BBCode? When I use it in a post or message, I get the "your message contains too few..." error every time. But when I remove the BBCode, it posts just fine.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

[quote="FortyPlusRunner"]I think it's the BBCode? When I use it in a post or message, I get the "your message contains too few..." error every time. But when I remove the BBCode, it posts just fine.[/quote]

This is a test - Disabled BBCode

FortyPlusRunner

Post by FortyPlusRunner »

[u]Here's another test with BBCode disabled.[/u]

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention gents. We're having the forum checked out/fixed over the next few days.

KB

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

K.B. wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:23 pm Thanks for bringing this to our attention gents. We're having the forum checked out/fixed over the next few days.

KB
Thanks for fixing the board. Old posts are now fully showing up, it looks like the quote function is working, and after a couple of days being locked out, logging in is possible. Appreciate it!