First Foot-Pursuit Post TB

The Lounge
mikhou

Re: First Foot-Pursuit Post TB

Post by mikhou »

I'm not LEO or military, but I'm in favor of anything that keeps you guys safer and helps you do your job better. Just know that there are those of us out there that appreciate what you guys do!

BlackPyjamas

Post by BlackPyjamas »

Nice...!

Was doing some training with the team last week and took turns rotating positions in the stack. I hate breaching but took my turn to get some practice (in case the designated breachers aren't around). Normally takes me more than a few hits. This time I smashed it in 3-4 strokes and didn't have to call failed entry. One of my post-tb experiences.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

Congratulations on bringing the bad guy to account ,there is little more frustrating than being out ran :D . This forum is a great resource post BB I will definitely give meat eater or apex hills a try

UpsNdowns

Post by UpsNdowns »

Just reading through old threads and thought I’d rebump this one. 40 yr old leo here in Aus, not training tbarbel per say at the moment but use the general gist of the programming to balance strength vs conditioning.

Was able to foot chase a teenage thief a couple of weeks back and a 21yr old fit punk not long ago and had enough steam left to deal with any resistance. Between the extra gear we carry and the sudden bursts of energy needed to respond (from sitting in a car or at a desk for extended periods), this topic resonates with me seeing how many colleagues don’t train or can’t run down a crook, jump a fence, kick in a door or have any pump left to assist others when things turn to poop.
So thanks tbarbell I guess.