Member Introductions Thread

The Lounge
Green2Blue

Re: Member Introductions Thread

Post by Green2Blue »

Greeting!

32 year old male here. Did a single enlistment in the USMC. Tried the civilian thing for a while after that and I didn't care for it. Been a LEO for a few years now. I'm an instructor in a couple of the more physical disciplines and have a semi-worthless kinesiology degree. I've been lifting for almost a decade now. Occupational specificity as well as wanting to bring up my conditioning without sacrificing my strength is what brought me to TB. I've been a TB zealot for a few blocks now.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

My name is Lennart, and I'm 30 years old. I created the reddit forum because there was no alternative at the time, and i like reddit.
I will probably help KB run this forum if he wants me to.

KB graciously rewarded me with a year of coaching for the free publicity, and I've been doing my best to follow his tailored plans since february. I had good progress on OP but unfortunately I got some injuries. I have some trouble with running, and knees in the front squat. Right now I'm doing a general adaptation phase for injury prevention which will be followed with a block of hypertrophy which I think that I need to get a huge pull down the road.

I work in healthcare and I'm trying to become an EMT (and ace the physical tests).

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

lennarn wrote:My name is Lennart, and I'm 30 years old. I created the reddit forum because there was no alternative at the time, and i like reddit.
I will probably help KB run this forum if he wants me to.

KB graciously rewarded me with a year of coaching for the free publicity, and I've been doing my best to follow his tailored plans since february. I had good progress on OP but unfortunately I got some injuries. I have some trouble with running, and knees in the front squat. Right now I'm doing a general adaptation phase for injury prevention which will be followed with a block of hypertrophy which I think that I need to get a huge pull down the road.

I work in healthcare and I'm trying to become an EMT (and ace the physical tests).
Good luck with injury recovery. It is not easy but rewording at the end. You learn a lot about yourself while moving along this road. Been there.. TB is a great way of getting back to the seroius training.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Virtus

Post by Virtus »

Hi all,

I'm a former emergency services guy. Spent 5 years as a firefighter and another 5 as a medic. Got tired of working night shifts so got out about 6 months ago. I'm a desk jockey now so focusing on staying active.

Found TB several months ago when I ended my gym membership and put together a garage gym. Really enjoying it so far. I'm running a semi-modified Operator protocol: Squat/bench/pull-ups twice a week and deadlift/bench/pull-ups on the 3rd day.

I also train BJJ 2-3 times a week and play hockey.

Glad to be here.

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

I have to stay in shape for my job. I have a lot of "experience" with exercise (i.e., doing PT and S/C programs Rx'd by others). I don't have much real expertise in creating my own programming, and it has started to show over the last couple years. I stumbled upon r/tacticalbarbell and quickly devoured the books. TB is exactly what I have tried and failed to create for myself - an intelligent way to progress across the full spectrum of tactical fitness. I intend to get a training log up soon. The TB books are an outstanding resource, and I'm sure this forum will be too. I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing whatever I can.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

Well what can I say, I feel like I'm home.

Same background as many of you, military for almost a decade with a switch to a career in a related field. Finding tactical barbell was bittersweet for me, because I didn't have it when I was on my way to basic at 18.

Been a TB user for a year now with outstanding results. Looking forward to learning and contributing with the rest of you. I have a strong gut feeling this forum is going to eventually evolve into the hub of tactical fitness. Posters here and on the reddit seem to really understand the nuances of combining fitness practices with an operational lifestyle.

Wieds13

Post by Wieds13 »

Hey everyone.
I'm Wieds13, and I'm a 20yo male. I am a college student with no military background, but I plan on joining the military once I finish my engineering undergrad (simply because I feel like doing something else with my younger years). I've swam competitively for quite a few years in the past, but I've used TB to diversify my physical abilites for a couple years now, and I've also been practicing BJJ ( started only 4 months ago) for the same reason. So far, I've found the TB community to be quite approachable, and a wealth of knowledge given my current goals.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Long time TB user (well, as long as TB's been around), was an occasional poster on the sub-reddit. Currently on a tactical team (LEO) based in Canada on the west coast. As soon as I read TB 1 & 2 I knew I'd hit training gold.

Feels pretty damn good to be discussing tactical fitness at this level with others in the same community.

RugbyGuy

Post by RugbyGuy »

Just turned 27 years old. I'm a prior enlisted Marine currently in flight school, so I needed an effective workout that I can squeeze between flights, studying and family time. From everything I've found on Reddit, this definitely seems to fit the bill. Excited to see if I can break into a 3, 4, 5 plate bench, squat and deadlift while also being able to run a 5k in under 20 mins.
"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." - Muhammad Ali

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

34 year old here in tactical LE. I read the forums all the time but this is the first time in my life I ever signed up for one. Learned a lot already, and hope I can contribute.

StayGrey