Member Introductions Thread

The Lounge
Shivayan

Re: Member Introductions Thread

Post by Shivayan »

Wieds13 wrote:Hey everyone.
I'm Wieds13, and I'm a 20yo male. I am a college student with no military background, but I plan on joining the military once I finish my engineering undergrad (simply because I feel like doing something else with my younger years). I've swam competitively for quite a few years in the past, but I've used TB to diversify my physical abilites for a couple years now, and I've also been practicing BJJ ( started only 4 months ago) for the same reason. So far, I've found the TB community to be quite approachable, and a wealth of knowledge given my current goals.
Looks like we have somewhat of the same background.
Where do you study?
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Caleddin

Post by Caleddin »

I've been lurking on the reddit sub (same name) for a while now. New, in week 5 of base building and, frankly, loving it (now that I finally learned to slow down enough). Excited to figure out my first real block and have read both the books a few times now. Not in the tactical community, but that might change. Regardless, the comprehensive outlook of the books is hard to find, and the tone was immediately appealing. It perfectly lays out what I was trying to imperfectly cobble together with runs, gym-time and Rushfit videos.

Rick Deckard

Post by Rick Deckard »

Hello,

I've been LE for 17 years, training for about 20. Before TB I was mostly into Pavel's kettlebell books. I enjoyed them but felt I was neglecting certain aspects of my fitness. TB is pretty much the first complete program I've come across that covers everything, and best of all I don't have to live in the gym.

Im6-7

Post by Im6-7 »

Hello all,

Canuck LEO here, former lurker on Reddit. TB user for over a year now and luvin' it. I'm enjoying my training again for the first time in a long time!

b00tler

Post by b00tler »

46 y/o female here, found TB earlier this year on reddit while trying to educate myself on how to progress with both lifting and aerobic fitness, while also training hard to compete with the 20-somethings for a starting spot on the roster for my Gaelic football team. I was sick the entire month of May and used the base-building plan to rebuild my fitness just in time for a big tournament - really happy with the results. Things I particularly like about the TB approach: (1) pursuit of multiple areas of fitness competency at the same time; (2) recognition of the benefits of periodicized training; and (3) year-round, life-long training approach, rather than a more short-term focus. Now that I am in the off-season for my sport, I have switched from Fighter + Black to Operator + Black, really excited to work on some gains in the weight room during the winter months, without losing my aerobic competencies.

My wife serves in the Army National Guard & is trying to get selected and prepared for Air Assault school, so I turned her on to TB as well. She's currently doing base-building herself, before moving onto a 6-8 week intensive prep for the school. The LSS ruck sessions and SE work are right on point for her preparation.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

I am a 46year old wreck of a beat cop hopefully be able to start base building Monday . I like the TB approach its just what I need to get back into shape ,a straight forward "do this " program . I won't be breaking records really just looking to be able to do my job without feeling 200 years old at the end of my shift :D

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Gerryatric wrote:I am a 46year old wreck of a beat cop hopefully be able to start base building Monday . I like the TB approach its just what I need to get back into shape ,a straight forward "do this " program . I won't be breaking records really just looking to be able to do my job without feeling 200 years old at the end of my shift :D
Hi mate,

Another 46-er here. You might want to check "After 40 Club" thread. Old dogs are still able to bite :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

WeekendWarrior

Post by WeekendWarrior »

19 yr old Army weekend warrior here wanting to go active, part of me started this program to be a stronger and faster soldier, and the other part just wants to be healthy and in great shape. On my 3rd week of BB right now, but I'm starting a full-time job as a carpenter's helper at a remodeling place on Monday so...we'll see how that all fits together I suppose.

matt76

Post by matt76 »

Hi all.

My name is Matt and I'm from Tasmania, Australia. Great to be part of this forum (it's my first one).
I don't have a LEO or operator background but am a recently turned 40 father of two young sons who I want to keep up with, so my goal is all-round general purpose fitness I guess.
I've been trying to get / stay fit over the last couple of years via a couple of half marathons and some body-weight training via Ross Ennamait's stuff and Overcoming Gravity.
But, I think i was too lazy and time poor to get my head around constructing my own program, and I was finding it hard to gauge some of the bodyweight progressions. Then, in the course of a week, I stumbled across a sweet second hand Olympic Bar and plates, and Tactical Barbell.
I'm really excited about the program and approach. I'm on my first week of Base Building and after looking at the 40 plus thread, will continue with Operator and Black.
Thanks,

Matt.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

matt76 wrote:Hi all.

My name is Matt and I'm from Tasmania, Australia. Great to be part of this forum (it's my first one).
I don't have a LEO or operator background but am a recently turned 40 father of two young sons who I want to keep up with, so my goal is all-round general purpose fitness I guess.
I've been trying to get / stay fit over the last couple of years via a couple of half marathons and some body-weight training via Ross Ennamait's stuff and Overcoming Gravity.
But, I think i was too lazy and time poor to get my head around constructing my own program, and I was finding it hard to gauge some of the bodyweight progressions. Then, in the course of a week, I stumbled across a sweet second hand Olympic Bar and plates, and Tactical Barbell.
I'm really excited about the program and approach. I'm on my first week of Base Building and after looking at the 40 plus thread, will continue with Operator and Black.
Thanks,

Matt.
Hi Matt,

It's good to hear from Australian. I have a few dear friends over there and I am thinking of visiting them in the future.
My best travel experience is related to NZ. I visited my buddy and we did some driving across the islands and we had a great time. Lamb izza and Foster's!

Cheers!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky