Member Introductions Thread

The Lounge
Copatt_1

Re: Member Introductions Thread

Post by Copatt_1 »

Hey all,

Glad I found this site.
Recently picked up the books on the advice of a buddy of mine who read them and started following the protocols while on a tour.
13 year military member with a history of decent lifts and a proud member of the "Thousand Pound Club." However, for the last few months I've been plateaued like crazy and this seems like a great way of beating that while also getting my distance running back. I have aspirations for bigger and better things while in the military and want to use this program as a stepping stone in the right direction.

dan333

Post by dan333 »

Hi All.

Dan here,

Current and long time occupation of strength and conditioning coach in professional sport in the UK and have been for the last 10 years. A few injuries along the way. Herniated disc being the main one (trying to be aware of my recovery and smart training has helped get back consistently) meaning I spread the load over a few more days when following a program, will take me a little longer to complete but the consistency will be there.

I found tactical barbell in search for a way to train for overall performance and not be stuck in the power lifting and/or olympic lifting chasing numbers. Now my training is geared toward longevity and being ready for any situation (life) at a high level. I was in search for a way to place it into one system. I have collected TB1, TB2, Physical prep for Law Enforcement and most recently MASS. I feel like I have a program and philosophy for every situation and physical need. Fro m my education and experience the advice and periodisatiion used is very comprehensive. I always struggle designing programs for myself as I tend to spend most of my time questioning it where as I will follow a program to the tee if advised to. Some times you get lost in the minutia when really all it comes down to is consistently doing the basics right.

I am going through Law enforcement stage 1 and stage 2 for something possible in the future.

Thanks guys.

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Hello everyone!

David here, I've been a follower of this site and "found" TB on reddit (u/drathbone) about 6 months ago. 47 years old, been mostly sedentary since getting out of law enforcement until getting back into fitness after starting CrossFit 2 years ago.

TB originally appealed to me since I'm ex-military and an ex-LEO, but I'm an avid run avoider, so I never made the plunge into base building :) I've been working in banking for the past 12 years and had been very sedentary but having a little one quickly convinced me that I needed to make some changes if I wanted to live to see her grow up. Right around the time she was born I was topping the scale at ~290 pounds, so I started walking and changed my diet, dropped about 40 pounds over 3 years and then had the brilliant idea to jump into CrossFit. 2 years later my body has a hard time recovering from it, so I'm switching to TB to have a little more control over the programming and being able to continue with the barbells and kettlebells, which I have fallen in love with.

I'm in a senior leader position with the bank now, which has it's time constraints and led me to convert half of the garage into a home gym. Looking forward to posting a training log and kicking off base building this afternoon, so keep me in your thoughts tomorrow when I'm cursing it and running! :lol:

Enjoyed reading through everyone's intros - love the community here!

David

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

dratbone wrote:Hello everyone!

David here, I've been a follower of this site and "found" TB on reddit (u/drathbone) about 6 months ago. 47 years old, been mostly sedentary since getting out of law enforcement until getting back into fitness after starting CrossFit 2 years ago.

TB originally appealed to me since I'm ex-military and an ex-LEO, but I'm an avid run avoider, so I never made the plunge into base building :) I've been working in banking for the past 12 years and had been very sedentary but having a little one quickly convinced me that I needed to make some changes if I wanted to live to see her grow up. Right around the time she was born I was topping the scale at ~290 pounds, so I started walking and changed my diet, dropped about 40 pounds over 3 years and then had the brilliant idea to jump into CrossFit. 2 years later my body has a hard time recovering from it, so I'm switching to TB to have a little more control over the programming and being able to continue with the barbells and kettlebells, which I have fallen in love with.

I'm in a senior leader position with the bank now, which has it's time constraints and led me to convert half of the garage into a home gym. Looking forward to posting a training log and kicking off base building this afternoon, so keep me in your thoughts tomorrow when I'm cursing it and running! :lol:

Enjoyed reading through everyone's intros - love the community here!

David
Welcome mate, and good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

03rockeater

Post by 03rockeater »

Hi everyone,

I served as an infantryman in the USMC and now am a LEO. I used to be big into weight training and fitness at a young age and while in the Marines. When I got out, I went to college and basically neglected my fitness. I ate somewhat healthy and stayed relatively fit from hiking and just living an active life, but my strength and endurance plummeted.

After college I got hired on as a LEO and got into training again. But, after my first year on the job I started to get lazy again. I would have periods of working out (mainly running), but that would come and go. Now I'm back in the game and ready to dedicate myself to "lifetime fitness".

I really like TB because it takes the guess work out of a lot of things. I don't have the time to read up on all the newest breakthroughs in strength and conditioning, so it's great to follow a program that has been tried and works. Also I don't have a ton of time to spend in the gym (nor do I have the time/money for a gym membership). I can use TB in my garage with some basic weights and kettlebels which is awesome. I also like the simplicity of Tb and the fact that it is geared towards what I do for work (I feel a lot more confident doing something like TB than a random routine pulled out of some bodybuilding magazine.

I have been doing a few weeks on TB strength training and soon after realized there was an entire conditioning aspect to the program.i will be starting fresh in the next week or so with BB.

That's all for now

S/F

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

03rockeater wrote:Hi everyone,

I served as an infantryman in the USMC and now am a LEO. I used to be big into weight training and fitness at a young age and while in the Marines. When I got out, I went to college and basically neglected my fitness. I ate somewhat healthy and stayed relatively fit from hiking and just living an active life, but my strength and endurance plummeted.

After college I got hired on as a LEO and got into training again. But, after my first year on the job I started to get lazy again. I would have periods of working out (mainly running), but that would come and go. Now I'm back in the game and ready to dedicate myself to "lifetime fitness".

I really like TB because it takes the guess work out of a lot of things. I don't have the time to read up on all the newest breakthroughs in strength and conditioning, so it's great to follow a program that has been tried and works. Also I don't have a ton of time to spend in the gym (nor do I have the time/money for a gym membership). I can use TB in my garage with some basic weights and kettlebels which is awesome. I also like the simplicity of Tb and the fact that it is geared towards what I do for work (I feel a lot more confident doing something like TB than a random routine pulled out of some bodybuilding magazine.

I have been doing a few weeks on TB strength training and soon after realized there was an entire conditioning aspect to the program.i will be starting fresh in the next week or so with BB.

That's all for now

S/F
Welcome and good luck to your TB journey!
Training in garage is the best way..
Cheers!

ronin

Post by ronin »

HI my name is Geir im from Norway 47 years old.
Study Martial arts for 15 years kali,muay thai and now Systema.
Always been into training runing, kB, folowed Stew smith programs wich are great.
Im very glad I found this page and was exepted as a membEr.
Just got all the TB books and starting base next week

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ronin wrote:HI my name is Geir im from Norway 47 years old.
Study Martial arts for 15 years kali,muay thai and now Systema.
Always been into training runing, kB, folowed Stew smith programs wich are great.
Im very glad I found this page and was exepted as a membEr.
Just got all the TB books and starting base next week
Welcome, mate. I’m into my BB as well. Good luck with TB fun.
I dig your username:)

burwat

Post by burwat »

Hi All,

Tony here, 39 years old. I got into Crossfit in my late 20's and was competitive until 33 years old doing well at regionals but falling short in qualifying for the games. I got a little disillusioned with the cult mentality at my box and moved from Crossfit into powerlifting and got myself to quite respectable numbers. A couple of months ago I decided to do a charity mountain climb (more walk than climb) it was horrendous I hadnt realised how out of shape I had gotten during my powerlifting years.
This lit a fire under me and I want to get back to similar fitness levels I had in my Crossfit days but I cant bring myself to do crossfit again.

An older guy in my Gym put me on to to TB and I bought all 4 books and started base building, I have gone with strength first BB as I have a powerlifting meet coming up so a Bench, Squat, Deadlift cluster works well.

I am going to get the meet out of the way and move to Operator/Black.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

burwat wrote:Hi All,

Tony here, 39 years old. I got into Crossfit in my late 20's and was competitive until 33 years old doing well at regionals but falling short in qualifying for the games. I got a little disillusioned with the cult mentality at my box and moved from Crossfit into powerlifting and got myself to quite respectable numbers. A couple of months ago I decided to do a charity mountain climb (more walk than climb) it was horrendous I hadnt realised how out of shape I had gotten during my powerlifting years.
This lit a fire under me and I want to get back to similar fitness levels I had in my Crossfit days but I cant bring myself to do crossfit again.

An older guy in my Gym put me on to to TB and I bought all 4 books and started base building, I have gone with strength first BB as I have a powerlifting meet coming up so a Bench, Squat, Deadlift cluster works well.

I am going to get the meet out of the way and move to Operator/Black.

Looking forward to learning from you all.
Welcome!