Member Introductions Thread

The Lounge
Karak

Re: Member Introductions Thread

Post by Karak »

Hello,

28/M, Long time lurker on the reddit. Former army reserves, currently LEO (patrol). Recovering former crossfitter. TB was one of the programs offered at my box for supplementary strength training. Tried it, loved it, made impressive strength gains. This lead to reading TB2 which just blew me away, and now I'm a full convert. In 6-7 months with TB I've already surpassed former cardio and strength limitations that CF just couldn't seem to dent. I was making some pretty obvious (in hindsight) errors in programming.

Happy to have this community and I continue to learn and alter my approach based on some of the excellent info on this forum.

EastTX96

Post by EastTX96 »

Hello,
Like many people have mentioned I was a lurker on the Reddit sub, but never posted. For a background I was a powerlifting 260 pound Defensive End for six years. After my senior year of High School I decided I was going to join the military, but decided to go to college first because I got a few scholarships and I needed time to train. Over the last year and a half I've gone from barely being able to run a mile to recently running a half marathon in a hour and forty eight minutes. I did this by following Jack Daniels Running Plans and while my running ability obviously improved I lost a ton of strength and generally felt like crap. After taking a little time off from training to recover I came across the Reddit site and after reading a few post I was immediately sold. My plan for the next year and a half before I graduate college( I had a few college credits from High School and I took a few classes in the summer so I'll graduate college in 3 years) is to run base, then green, then black and evaluate my progress after that. I'll be positing my workouts in the workout log. If you've read this far thanks for reading and I look forward to hopefully contributing to the sub.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hello,

39/M. Former Canadian military, currently LE. Recently discovered the TB books through friends in the Cdn SO community and it was exactly what I was looking for. Once upon a time I was in excellent shape. Now I consider myself so-so or even below average if I use my old baseline as the standard. Reading TB1 & 2 was just what I needed to light that fire again. TB is something I feel like I should've put together myself after all these years if I was a smarter lol. I'll be starting a training log, so please drop in and comment or put your .02 in.

Nomad

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Nomad wrote:TB is something I feel like I should've put together myself after all these years if I was a smarter lol.
Nomad
This is something that a lot of us who have trained for a long time have felt upon first reading TB1 & TB2: "Has been hiding in plain sight for all these years? Right before my eyes? Why didn't I think of this?" That's not to take away from K. Black's original insights (there is no dearth of those), and there is a real genius in being able to codify common sense!

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

J-Madd wrote:
Nomad wrote:TB is something I feel like I should've put together myself after all these years if I was a smarter lol.
Nomad
This is something that a lot of us who have trained for a long time have felt upon first reading TB1 & TB2: "Has been hiding in plain sight for all these years? Right before my eyes? Why didn't I think of this?" That's not to take away from K. Black's original insights (there is no dearth of those), and there is a real genius in being able to codify common sense!
Agreed!

Dovx

Post by Dovx »

Hello,

I'm 25 years old, serving in military. I stumbled across books few weeks ago and decided to buy them. Previous training experience was mainly bodyweight work (Ross Enamait , Steven Low,...) combined with kettlebells (S&S mainly) because it's really hard to do some consistent weight routine while you are on field every now and then , and for last 6 months Starting Strength > Madcow 5x5

Last week started with TB Operator... Will Probably write down log.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Dovx wrote:Hello,

I'm 25 years old, serving in military. I stumbled across books few weeks ago and decided to buy them. Previous training experience was mainly bodyweight work (Ross Enamait , Steven Low,...) combined with kettlebells (S&S mainly) because it's really hard to do some consistent weight routine while you are on field every now and then , and for last 6 months Starting Strength > Madcow 5x5

Last week started with TB Operator... Will Probably write down log.
Welcome onboard matey. You've added a fair amount already to the board, I like the Ruck info you added, and I look forward to reading your log.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Satchmo

Post by Satchmo »

Hi there,

I've been into TB since the first edition of the first book came out. Then came the reddit, and I decided to move over here as the activity on the reddit has dropped off in favour of the forum.

I'm 38, Canadian, and with not an operational athlete, just looking to get/stay fit and strong. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, and I struggle with bad eating habits to keep it off, so it's really important to have the exercise dialed in right.

I've just started BB for the 3rd time after a few cycles of Operator/Black, I like the flexibility, especially around the holidays when my access to a barbell decreases (my gym is at work).

Looking forward to participating here.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Satchmo wrote:Hi there,

I've been into TB since the first edition of the first book came out. Then came the reddit, and I decided to move over here as the activity on the reddit has dropped off in favour of the forum.

I'm 38, Canadian, and with not an operational athlete, just looking to get/stay fit and strong. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, and I struggle with bad eating habits to keep it off, so it's really important to have the exercise dialed in right.

I've just started BB for the 3rd time after a few cycles of Operator/Black, I like the flexibility, especially around the holidays when my access to a barbell decreases (my gym is at work).

Welcome to the forum Satchmo. Are you going to keep a training log?

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Satchmo wrote:Hi there,

Welcome onboard.

Greetings from SE BC.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.