Podcasts

The Lounge
Tym87

Podcasts

Post by Tym87 »

Since the Reading List thread blew up, I'd like to see what you all listen to and your go to source for podcasts or audio books. I've been deep into audio books for awhile, but just recently started to get into the podcasts.

What do you all listen to? Is there any essential podcasts you can't do without? Anything occupational or fitness related that's good? When are we getting a Tactical Barbell Podcast!?

I started Serial, In the Dark and Detective recently, all True Crime stuff.

Nomad

Re: Podcasts

Post by Nomad »

I can't say I listen to a particular channel, but lately I've been learning a lot from Joe Rogan's interviews with Dr. Rhonda Patrick. That lady knows her supplements and nutritional science!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Some people hate crossfit, but Barbell shrugged had some really good early episodes before they changed the people.
Early 2016 and before. Now they just bro out all the time.

Spartan Life (Guy who does spartan races)was also good for a while. It was interviews about successful people and they were trying to find the similarities.
They interviewed athletes and also business people.

Mountain Tactical Institute also had some good ones for tactical professionals and training.

I used to have heaps, but I don't have a long commute anymore.
Sadly I don't have the time to listen.

Joesph155

Post by Joesph155 »

I recommend Jocko Podcast. Tim Ferriss and Joe Rogan have had him on before.

Your_Lunch

Post by Your_Lunch »

It's not specifically fitness related, but I'm into Finding Mastery by Michael Gervais. It goes into the mindset of being exceptional at certain pursuits, usually elite athletes and people who do great physical feats.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Maxrip13 wrote:Some people hate crossfit, but Barbell shrugged had some really good early episodes before they changed the people.

Spartan Life (Guy who does spartan races)was also good for a while. It was interviews about successful people and they were trying to find the similarities.

Mountain Tactical Institute also had some good ones for tactical professionals and training.

I really like barbell shrugged. Im no crossfit fan, but the fact is no other training style combines strength and conditioning like we do as much as crossfit.

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

Serial Season 1 (Adnan Syed)

Serial Season 2 (Bergdahl). Got a little tedious at times. Overall worth listening to it.

Pin Kings (by ESPN..."The astonishing story of how two wrestling teammates from Miami came to oppose each other in the cocaine wars -- one as a drug smuggler, the other as a DEA agent."). The hosts can be annoying. It's a cool story though.

Missing
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Jocko Podcast, Joe Rogan Experience and Tim Ferriss I really enjoy.
Get after it!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Green2Blue wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Some people hate crossfit, but Barbell shrugged had some really good early episodes before they changed the people.

I really like barbell shrugged. Im no crossfit fan, but the fact is no other training style combines strength and conditioning like we do as much as crossfit.
How is it now with the new guys? I listened a couple times but I don't care about motivational stuff and "getting gainz".
The old guys still mixed in some really good information among all that type of thing. I just picture the new guys standing around shirtless and flexing the whole time they speak. Just to much bro stuff for me personally.

I have no issues with crossfit, however I look at it for what it has become. Crossfit is a sport now.
The top guys do all the right things and train intelligently. It is the people who just do hard things for the sake of it that are the issue.
I enjoy watching the games and documentaries about crossfit competition.