Reading List

The Lounge
Geidi

Re: Reading List

Post by Geidi »

Svenjolly wrote:I'm about 3/4 of the way through the "Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. Other than some draggy passages and sometimes odd writing I'm not sure what the controversy is around Rand and this book. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on this....would be very curious to hear different viewpoints or insights.
If only we had a professor or two on this board...ahem.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Maybe Dr. J-Madd can chime in.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Tym87 wrote:Maybe Dr. J-Madd can chime in.
My online philosophy coaching service is very expensive. ;)

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

J-Madd wrote:
Tym87 wrote:Maybe Dr. J-Madd can chime in.
My online philosophy coaching service is very expensive. ;)
Tactical Philosophy for multidomain thinkers

mtguy1976

Post by mtguy1976 »

This has been my go to for many years, has helped me through some injuries and saved me from visits to the ortho as well
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook
https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Th ... 1572243759

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mtguy1976 wrote:This has been my go to for many years, has helped me through some injuries and saved me from visits to the ortho as well
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook
https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Th ... 1572243759
That was my Bible for a couple years while recovering from injury. It is a Bible for my mother now for her back issues.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Svenjolly wrote:I'm about 3/4 of the way through the "Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. Other than some draggy passages and sometimes odd writing I'm not sure what the controversy is around Rand and this book. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on this....would be very curious to hear different viewpoints or insights.
I'm giving this a shot and I just can't get through it. "Draggy" is an understatement!

Svenjolly

Post by Svenjolly »

TangoZero wrote:
I'm giving this a shot and I just can't get through it. "Draggy" is an understatement!

Hahaha...it took a long time to get going but once it did it wasn't too bad. But yeah, it's a slog at some points, and I do a fair amount of reading.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Started to explore the forum a bit and found this gem. This is fantastic!

Currently, I am reading Apologia Pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky, and God and Philosophy by Antony Flew.

travman

Post by travman »

Just finished St. Thomas Aquinas on Politics and Ethics Translated by" Paul E. Sigmund, and Natural Law: The Foundation of an Orderly Economic System by Alberto M. Piedra.

I am wrapping up James Monti's The King's Good Servant But God's First: The Life and Writings of St. Thomas More, and Enhanced Interrogation by James E. Mitchell, PhD with Bill Harlow.

Next on deck, On Guerrilla Warfare by Mao Tse-tung Translated by Samuel B. Griffith, and probably City of God by St. Augustine.

I want to buy some more books, but the wife doesn't see the point. So I will be visiting the old library for some new reading material. I have been on a natural law kick recently so we will see where that takes me.