Weeks off

The Lounge
Barkadion

Weeks off

Post by Barkadion »

How do you guys like your weeks off the training?

I am starting my next OP block in a couple of days - next Monday. I am really surprised with my week off experience. I am going through major training withdrawal. Muscles aches, lack of energy, grumpy, easily irritated, and tired all the time. Well.. It might be old dog thing.. 46 ain't jokes.

I've used to enjoy weeks off before with stuffing my face with greasy food and just doing nothing... I bet there is some kind of hormonal spikes related to that, but who knows..Who knows..

Anyway, I am so looking forward to my next block.. :shock:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ten8

Re: Weeks off

Post by Ten8 »

Might just mean that you need the rest. Constant consistent training causes microtears and fatigue that should be given their due time to heal.

I like taking a full two weeks off every 3-4 months in addition to Easy weeks. Might do a little easy activity like hiking or swimming at the beach.

Barkadion

Re: Weeks off

Post by Barkadion »

Ten8 wrote:Might just mean that you need the rest. Constant consistent training causes microtears and fatigue that should be given their due time to heal.

I like taking a full two weeks off every 3-4 months in addition to Easy weeks. Might do a little easy activity like hiking or swimming at the beach.
Totally possible. But from my previous experience (non TB).. Taking 2 weeks off means starting kinda light and slow with the load..
And that might be covered with 70% of OP's 1st week..

Dang.. you got me thinking, mate..

Swimming at the beach in November in New England in ocean might put me in a very long time off :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky