Ay up

The Lounge
Moz69

Ay up

Post by Moz69 »

All right all just a quick intro, made a few posts on reddit and already started training log.

Well 46 done all sorts over the years nothing major as some of you guys on here but was close to the A game for myself. I've come from a right mixed bag of training over the years, fell running, rock climbing, caving, weight training, American football, boxing, judo and a bit of submission wrestling before things started to go belly up physical health wise.
Was in the forces many years ago and now looking to go back in as I am currently doing my Mental health nurse training and trying to join up as a reservist doing the same role I have who suffer with PSTD from time in the forces and close family members still working over seas and one of the reasons i'd like to get back into things and support those who have served.
Change of career in my 40's led me to working with adults with challenging behaviors mainly autism/learning disabilities and now working with lads from the prisons.

I've found TB ideal to fit between studies, placement and work and appreciate the easy weeks. Training wise definitely seen some improvements in overall in strength and wellbeing. I was very happy to find after my first block of operator SQ DL WPU Floor Press my ring dips when going back into a BB phase ( see fat Moz's training log) that they had not depreciated and I felt as strong as I did before

That's it really, great community on TB and some really clever guys out there who know there shizzle and are quite happy to share it.
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Re: Ay up

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Outstanding matey...... fell running and caving..... two extremes on the continuum right there :lol:

All the best with the Mental Health nurse training..... I doth my cap to you for that.

Out of curiousity, What were you in? I was Royal Navy from '89 to '96.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Moz69

Re: Ay up

Post by Moz69 »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:Outstanding matey...... fell running and caving..... two extremes on the continuum right there :lol:

All the best with the Mental Health nurse training..... I doth my cap to you for that.

Out of curiousity, What were you in? I was Royal Navy from '89 to '96.

Cheers fella and I was in the local infantry regiment 88-93 altogether, funny thing is if I manage to get into the reserves I'll be going back to he barracks I did my basic training at almost 30years earlier
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.