Weed

The Lounge
Green2Blue

Re: Weed

Post by Green2Blue »

mtguy1976 wrote:Being a LEO, I'll throw in my .2 cents worth. I believe its like any other drug, rather legal or illegal. Some people can handle smoking weed and not have any problems, and for others it ends up being a gateway drug. A friend of mine smoked up almost everyday in college and had no problems. Other people I know that tried it, wanted to try something a little different and it was all down hill for them. I've never used and don't plan on it either. I also don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol (never have). Alcoholism and other addictive traits run in my family. I've seen what it does to people and have no interest in it. In my almost 15 years of LE the majority of people I see coming through for domestic violence, fights and accidents is alcohol related. Most of the time when people are high on weed, they usually aren't an issue unless its been mixed with PCP or something else. So I think I answered it by not really answering it. :?
Also, I have an issue with athletes using it for recovery. Your smoking something, its not as bad as a cigarette, but your inhaling burnt particles into your lungs. That can't be good for your stamina.
Seconded on all points.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

My litmus test is would I want my kids doing it? In this case the answer is no. There may be benefits to it, but there are negatives as well. From an athletic standpoint it mostly has negative effects from what I understand, case in point lower testosterone:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Aelian wrote:My litmus test is would I want my kids doing it? In this case the answer is no. There may be benefits to it, but there are negatives as well. From an athletic standpoint it mostly has negative effects from what I understand, case in point lower testosterone:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909
Really good points. I am with you. Kids are taking priority over anything else. And the article is good.
Thank you.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Barkadion wrote:
mtguy1976 wrote:So I think I answered it by not really answering it. :?

You did :D And I appreciate that.

I think they call it "addictive personality". You can be an alcoholic, but you wouldn't know it unless you try a drink. Same can be applied to almost anything.
I have buried few friends due to either booze or drugs abuse. It is scary what it can do to good people. Especially if one hits his mid 30ies. Well..

Requiescat in Pace....No thank you I'lll take a pass on these substances