Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

The Lounge
Nick

Re: Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

Post by Nick »

Just watched "The Barkley Marathons" on Netflix last night. Insane. It's a documentary about this weird ultra marathon set in the backwoods of Tennessee.

Highly, highly recommended.

Edit: just saw Caledda posted about this already. All the more reason for everyone to go watch it.
The wind calls your name; get out of your bed.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Nick wrote:Just watched "The Barkley Marathons" on Netflix last night. Insane. It's a documentary about this weird ultra marathon set in the backwoods of Tennessee.

Edit: just saw Caledda posted about this already. All the more reason for everyone to go watch it.
Almost finished watching this. One hell of a documentary. That was awesome.
Get after it!

tomcatflyer

Post by tomcatflyer »

I recently started watching Fauda on Netflix. It follows an Israeli counterterrorism operator in pursuit of a Hamas terrorist. Very compelling.

Geidi

Post by Geidi »

Nick wrote:Just watched "The Barkley Marathons" on Netflix last night. Insane. It's a documentary about this weird ultra marathon set in the backwoods of Tennessee.

I've been hearing about this for a while now, so did some cursory reading up on it. Definitely going to watch this at some point.

The real question is when are we going to send a TB sponsored runner, any volunteers? :)

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Geidi wrote:

I've been hearing about this for a while now, so did some cursory reading up on it. Definitely going to watch this at some point.

The real question is when are we going to send a TB sponsored runner, any volunteers? :)
My wife and I watched The Barkley Marathons on Friday night. It's a good piece of documentary film making. She became concerned about half way into the film that I might get it into my head to try this. I don't think, however, I want to be their 2017 human sacrifice victim.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

I'm seriously running dry on Netflix binge watching material. I try going for 4* + shows but that doesn't seem to be a reliable way to find the gems. Tried watching "The OA" (4 or 5 stars I think) and could barely get through the first episode it was so fricken' stupid and pretentious.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Just finished the "Night Of". Really great series.
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Eddie Hall - Strongman documentary now streaming on Netflix...

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy0IzXYYn8
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Barkadion wrote:Eddie Hall - Strongman documentary now streaming on Netflix...

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy0IzXYYn8
I just watched that. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The short bit where they tap dance around steroid use in Strongman was very, very odd.

Also, on a family-friendly note - The new Jungle Book is fantastic. I watched it stone sober and found myself grinning a few times. Bill Murray as Baloo was the best.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Sasquatch wrote:Bill Murray as Baloo was the best.
Bill Murray is Baloo in a way :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky