Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

The Lounge
Sasquatch

Re: Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

Post by Sasquatch »

Into the Badlands is running a marathon on AMC. The first season was really fun.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Sasquatch wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Eddie Hall - Strongman documentary now streaming on Netflix...

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy0IzXYYn8
I just watched that. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The short bit where they tap dance around steroid use in Strongman was very, very odd.

Also, on a family-friendly note - The new Jungle Book is fantastic. I watched it stone sober and found myself grinning a few times. Bill Murray as Baloo was the best.
I enjoyed Eddy Strongman a lot too. I feel the steroid part was them attempting to address the elephant in the room, but it didn't flow very well with the rest. I was starting to think it was snuff when he dropped that log on his neck right away in the beginning. One hell of a deadlifter

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

I've been binging on Shameless. Great show and its hilarious. I will say its not for children for those who are parents on here but if you are into a good laugh and such, check it out. Not for the faint of heart.
Get after it!

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Taboo (Tom Hardy's new series) is supposed to be quite good, focusing on the East India Trading Company, monopolistic trading practices, multi-national power.

I tried it, and while the concept appeals to me, I couldn't get into it.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

MaxCab wrote:If you guys enjoy suspense with twists and turns in the vein of the Usual Suspects or The Prestige, I'd highly recommend watching "Frailty". An under the radar gem.
Just saw this, great recommendation. Not to mention I found it to be one of Bill Paxton's finest roles.

Geidi

Post by Geidi »

Daredevil on Netflix folks. That's the way you do a comic book character on tv. Especially season 2 with the arrival of you-know-who.

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

Saw Mechanic: Resurrection a couple nights ago. Terrible! I'm a big fan of the original (Bronson) and even enjoyed the Statham remake. But Resurrection should've stayed dead. Avoid this one folks.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Geidi wrote:Daredevil on Netflix folks. That's the way you do a comic book character on tv. Especially season 2 with the arrival of you-know-who.
Most definitely

mtguy1976

Post by mtguy1976 »

13 Reasons Why is pretty amazing. Yeah its about teen suicide, but really gets you thinking about how we treat people, social media, rumors and the such.

BlackPyjamas

Post by BlackPyjamas »

Finally saw Split. Was a little underwhelmed after all the hype...but that was a masterclass in acting by the protagonist!