Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

The Lounge
Barkadion

Re: Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

Post by Barkadion »

Svenjolly wrote:Currently watching The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. Can't say if I recommend it just yet...started out strong but as of season 2 it's taken a sharp turn, not necessarily for the better.
Same here! I like it so far. Sean Bean can deliver. And I do dig filthy old London vibe :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Barkadion wrote:
Svenjolly wrote:Currently watching The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. Can't say if I recommend it just yet...started out strong but as of season 2 it's taken a sharp turn, not necessarily for the better.
Same here! I like it so far. Sean Bean can deliver. And I do dig filthy old London vibe :D
Just finished season 1. Kind of disappointed. It has started as dark British crime story and it ended up being another Frankenstein thing.. Still it is nicely done and I do like Sean Bean. I am not watching Season 2, though..

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

La casa de Papel ( Money Heist) a masterpiece !! Dont miss this one ...Also the movie A Quiet place is nerve racking!!

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Barkadion wrote:I am watching Altered Carbon on the Netflix. Weird, brutal stuff. I am surprised how many sleazy Russian mobsters still exist in the virtual future :D A lot of blood and artificial combat going on there.. They are trying to squeeze some warrior philosophy into the mix as well. Weird, as I said before. But still entertaining.

Tried watching this the other night, great premise but the execution sucks. That and I can't take that female cop's atrocious acting.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

DocOctagon wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I am watching Altered Carbon on the Netflix. Weird, brutal stuff. I am surprised how many sleazy Russian mobsters still exist in the virtual future :D A lot of blood and artificial combat going on there.. They are trying to squeeze some warrior philosophy into the mix as well. Weird, as I said before. But still entertaining.

Tried watching this the other night, great premise but the execution sucks. That and I can't take that female cop's atrocious acting.
True but I stil found it worth watching :lol:

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Watching “Babylon Berlin” now.,
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/arts ... erlin.html

Germany 1929, crime police, military, crazy Russians, Armenian mobster, drugs, prostitution, and all that Jazz..

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Barkadion wrote:Watching “Babylon Berlin” now.,
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/arts ... erlin.html

Germany 1929, crime police, military, crazy Russians, Armenian mobster, drugs, prostitution, and all that Jazz..
Heard great things about this show !

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Watched American Vandal couple days back it is a mockumentary satire of the crime genre and a what a show it is Amazing ...similar to the Serial podcast but with a bang of humor .....and who drew the dicks ??!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

"Operation Odessa" - no shit..

"This is a true crime documentary featuring a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who sold a Soviet submarine to a Colombian drug cartel for $35 million. A mid-'90s gangster epic that hopscotches from Brooklyn to Miami and Cali to Moscow, the film tells the story of three friends who set out to hustle the Russian mob, the Cali cartel and the DEA for the score of a lifetime."

http://www.sho.com/titles/3457323/operation-odessa

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

New Rogue movie..

The film features some of the modern stars of Iceland strength, including Magnus Ver Magnuson, Hafthor Bjornsson, and Annie Thorisdottir. But it also sheds light on strength culture’s early roots in the region, from the traditions of the Vikings and Sagas to the lives of farmers and fishermen.

https://www.roguefitness.com/theindex/v ... y-rogue-8k