Book exchange/TB library club

The Lounge
Barkadion

Book exchange/TB library club

Post by Barkadion »

I have been thinking that most of the TB-ers have same interests.. And we do like to read!

My thought is that we can create some sort of book exchange club. I mean mostly "borrowing", "sharing", and giving away for free (if you don't need particular book anymore). No need to invest into buying books.

Another thought is creating electronic TB library of e-books and articles that can be shared/viewed/downloaded by the members for free.

What do you guys think?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

J-Madd

Re: Book exchange/TB library club

Post by J-Madd »

Barkadion wrote:I have been thinking that most of the TB-ers have same interests.. And we do like to read!

My thought is that we can create some sort of book exchange club. I mean mostly "borrowing", "sharing", and giving away for free (if you don't need particular book anymore). No need to invest into buying books.

Another thought is creating electronic TB library of e-books and articles that can be shared/viewed/downloaded by the members for free.

What do you guys think?
Exchanging/loaning hardcopy books through the surface mail is an interesting idea. Indeed, Barkadion and I have actually done it! We need to stay away from any downloading, exchanging, distributing of e-books, since it won't be hard to run afoul of copyright law.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

J-Madd wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I have been thinking that most of the TB-ers have same interests.. And we do like to read!

What do you guys think?
Exchanging/loaning hardcopy books through the surface mail is an interesting idea. Indeed, Barkadion and I have actually done it! We need to stay away from any downloading, exchanging, distributing of e-books, since it won't be hard to run afoul of copyright law.

I have a pretty good and varied collection of E books I wish I could share, but as stated I am not really the biggest fan of skirting around copyright law. It sucks because I have a lot of books that can be hard to get hold of like diesel crew, pavel, dinosaur training, eddie bravo and bj penns books. I wish I wasn't in Australia as I would love to swap hard copy books with people.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Maxrip13 wrote:
J-Madd wrote:

What do you guys think?

I have a pretty good and varied collection of E books I wish I could share, but as stated I am not really the biggest fan of skirting around copyright law. It sucks because I have a lot of books that can be hard to get hold of like diesel crew, pavel, dinosaur training, eddie bravo and bj penns books. I wish I wasn't in Australia as I would love to swap hard copy books with people.
I used to be really laid back about copyright law, until my first book came out. :D

travman

Post by travman »

J-Madd wrote: I used to be really laid back about copyright law, until my first book came out. :D

I died laughing when I saw that.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I really like this idea even though as an American living and working overseas, I can't participate. I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this, and if it's not then the moderators can move (or ask me to move) it to its own thread.

I really enjoy reading about fitness/exercise. What are some of your must reads and why? The reason that I ask is that I have read some books in the past that were really good, and I have even read some good books since I started TB. The reason that I hesitate to ask is that I would hate to invest my time and energy into something and then not incorporate much of it (because I don't see myself moving away from TB for awhile nor do I want to be tempted to move away from TB to the next shiny object). So any must reads and what did you get from it?

Sorntel

Post by Sorntel »

mikhou wrote:I really like this idea even though as an American living and working overseas, I can't participate. I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this, and if it's not then the moderators can move (or ask me to move) it to its own thread.

I really enjoy reading about fitness/exercise. What are some of your must reads and why? The reason that I ask is that I have read some books in the past that were really good, and I have even read some good books since I started TB. The reason that I hesitate to ask is that I would hate to invest my time and energy into something and then not incorporate much of it (because I don't see myself moving away from TB for awhile nor do I want to be tempted to move away from TB to the next shiny object). So any must reads and what did you get from it?
I really like Overcoming Gravity for body weight work. It's a little more obscure than books like Convict Conditioning but 100x more effective. Be warned tho, it's a very dense read. But if you want to work toward something like a one armed pull-up or other gymnastic/american ninja warrior type moves then OG is the way to go imo.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

We can set up a Google drive common account for sharing books and absolutely any content we find online....I have Defrancos barbell training videos that i would like to share and more stuff.....what do u say?

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:We can set up a Google drive common account for sharing books and absolutely any content we find online....I have Defrancos barbell training videos that i would like to share and more stuff.....what do u say?
One mod has already addressed this in the thread:

"We need to stay away from any downloading, exchanging, distributing of e-books, since it won't be hard to run afoul of copyright law"

You're on a forum created by, and populated with LEOs. Exercise a little judgement.

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Aelian wrote:
Ibrahimovic105 wrote:We can set up a Google drive common account for sharing books and absolutely any content we find online....I have Defrancos barbell training videos that i would like to share and more stuff.....what do u say?
One mod has already addressed this in the thread:

"We need to stay away from any downloading, exchanging, distributing of e-books, since it won't be hard to run afoul of copyright law"

You're on a forum created by, and populated with LEOs. Exercise a little judgement.
Roger that! :o :o :lol: