HR armband

The Lounge
Barkadion

HR armband

Post by Barkadion »

Fiend of mine highly recommends Scosche RHYTHM. It is HR armband. Meaning you wear it on your arm, not chest. It feels very comfortable according to him and the reading is accurate. It can be paired with several devices and watches.

Just in case you guys are interested. $80 on Amazon. I am planning to borrow it from my friend and give it a try..

https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-RHYTHM-H ... B00JQHTJS2

Review:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/05/sco ... tical.html
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Nomad

Re: HR armband

Post by Nomad »

This is great, just what I've been looking for. Thanks.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Nomad wrote:This is great, just what I've been looking for. Thanks.
Hopefully, I'll try it this week myself.

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

Years ago, maybe 2010? was at a course where the Cadre had us where HR monitor watches.

The watches had two small circles where you placed your thumb/forefinger and it read your HR. I remember it being quite accurate. Currently, I have a 2 years old Garmin vivofit, which was fine until I started caring more about HR due to TB Base building.

I would LIKE a HR watch, but something thats legit accurate- and not in the Suunto $ range. 150$ or so is fine, but any ideas?

Ideally, it would have the same functions as a Timex Ironman, so I can run repeats and interval stuff with it, as well as check HR

I;m not a huge tech junkie so any help would be much appreciated.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

alottadav wrote:Years ago, maybe 2010? was at a course where the Cadre had us where HR monitor watches.

The watches had two small circles where you placed your thumb/forefinger and it read your HR. I remember it being quite accurate. Currently, I have a 2 years old Garmin vivofit, which was fine until I started caring more about HR due to TB Base building.

I would LIKE a HR watch, but something thats legit accurate- and not in the Suunto $ range. 150$ or so is fine, but any ideas?

Ideally, it would have the same functions as a Timex Ironman, so I can run repeats and interval stuff with it, as well as check HR

I;m not a huge tech junkie so any help would be much appreciated.
Do you mean watch with HR monitor without a chest strap? Those are expensive.. You will be looking into $400+.. That's a shame assuming that in general it is less accurate than a HR strap. Here is the latest Suunto that is claimed to be most accurate if you decide to go this road:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/01/han ... watch.html

I guess Scosche RHYTHM is your best bet since it is pair-able with most of the devices. You might even be able to pair it with your Garmin. I have tried it with my old polar watch this morning and I like it a lot. I think I am going to buy it for my BB this spring.

Good luck!

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

I suppose it isn't INACCURATE, but sometimes its odd with readings. For instance I could be rucking with 55# pack and it will say 72 bpm- for some reason it shows that a lot.

I'll filter through all the screens and back every so often and it will read 147bpm etc and I will check manually and its on. I suppose my 100$ garmin has its drawbacks as it's primarily an ACTIVITY TRACKER and not quite a true HR watch.

I'll look around, i just remember thinking how cool these watches were pretty dang cool, and given that this was 6-7 years ago I'll bet their prices weren't so ice cold lol.