What's next for TB?

The Lounge
Green2Blue

What's next for TB?

Post by Green2Blue »

Just curious. I love TB, but every time I bring it up to someone they have no idea what I'm talking about. Are there any plans to grow the brand? Grow the community? To do more?

grouchyjarhead

Re: What's next for TB?

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I have been referring it heavily, quite a few people I know have picked up the books and instantly found the merit in it.

travman

Post by travman »

Maybe a new marketing campaign will follow the rebranding effort. I have had some success in sharing TB with my best friend, step-dad, and some influence on my old training partner who are all in some phase of TB.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Honestly I don't really care about branding or t-shirts all that much.
I DO want to see some more TB books exploring various aspects of programming. Each of the books (1,2,AA) have been gold, in every single case they've had a direct tangible impact on my training. Topics I want to learn more about; mental performance, long term block planning.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Kinetic wrote:long term block planning.
Oh, yeah :!:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I don't know that TB will ever have the cache of 5/3/1, Westside, or some of the other well known programs out there because it doesn't have a Jim Wendler or someone out there promoting it. That being said, I'm not sure that it needs to have that cache. This is a program for tactical operators, and my guess is that it's getting a pretty good name in that community. I am not a tactical operator, but I am loving the overall level of strength and conditioning that TB affords this 43 yo average guy, and I will recommend it to as many of my friends as possible. But again, that's not the target audience.

If you're asking what's next in the series, I could see KB taking 5-7 years after the publication of TB2 to research other conditioning sessions and then publish a short book with additional conditioning options. Not that I am bored with what I have. The training vault is huge as it is, but I could see this as a possibility.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

mikhou wrote:That being said, I'm not sure that it needs to have that cache.
I am with you on this one. That makes it neat ;) I like that a lot. Personally, I am bored of highly advertised online training jems..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Svenjolly

Post by Svenjolly »

Interesting....

TB reminds me of Rosstraining in that regard. Very popular with the community he wrote for (boxers, mixed martial artists) but relatively unknown by the general population. Back in the day I had much better results with Ross than the other more "popular" programs. Ironically enough, TB is more well known in my circles than Rosstraining, even though it's probably been around a lot longer.

With TB (and Rosstraining) my guess is it boils down to lack of active promotion (no twitter, facebook, advertising that I'm aware of) and the nature of the community it services. Not every reader or user is going to take part in online communities, in fact I imagine the majority don't. Add to that the community we speak of tend to be professional military or LEO (myself included), there probably just isn't enough time between family, career, training etc to devote online compared to say younger guys with less responsibilities looking to get hy-uuge on sites like bodybuilding.com.

Using myself as an example, the TB reddit was the first "forum" I ever actually joined or posted on (lurked lots elsewhere) even though I've been involved in lots of training styles over the years like Ross, 5/3/1, Texas and Pavel.

Svenjolly

Post by Svenjolly »

mikhou wrote: If you're asking what's next in the series, I could see KB taking 5-7 years after the publication of TB2 to research other conditioning sessions and then publish a short book with additional conditioning options.
I seriously hope you're wrong! I don't think I can wait 5-7 years for another TB book!

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

Kinetic wrote:Honestly I don't really care about branding or t-shirts all that much.
I DO want to see some more TB books exploring various aspects of programming.
THIS! Moar books KB!