What's next for TB?

The Lounge
StayGrey

Re: What's next for TB?

Post by StayGrey »

Svenjolly wrote:Interesting....

TB reminds me of Rosstraining in that regard. Very popular with the community he wrote for (boxers, mixed martial artists) but relatively unknown by the general population. Back in the day I had much better results with Ross than the other more "popular" programs. Ironically enough, TB is more well known in my circles than Rosstraining, even though it's probably been around a lot longer.

With TB (and Rosstraining) my guess is it boils down to lack of active promotion (no twitter, facebook, advertising that I'm aware of) and the nature of the community it services. Not every reader or user is going to take part in online communities, in fact I imagine the majority don't. Add to that the community we speak of tend to be professional military or LEO (myself included), there probably just isn't enough time between family, career, training etc to devote online compared to say younger guys with less responsibilities looking to get hy-uuge on sites like bodybuilding.com.

Using myself as an example, the TB reddit was the first "forum" I ever actually joined or posted on (lurked lots elsewhere) even though I've been involved in lots of training styles over the years like Ross, 5/3/1, Texas and Pavel.
Same here. Never joined forums before TB. Lurked lots.

Along the same lines, one thing I've noticed not many programs have their own Reddit, but TB does. Reddit is a worldwide platform.

travman

Re: What's next for TB?

Post by travman »

StayGrey wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Honestly I don't really care about branding or t-shirts all that much.
I DO want to see some more TB books exploring various aspects of programming.
THIS! Moar books KB!

Yes more books! I think this is in the works. From an outsiders perspective I think TB is growing in the tactical community.