Running shoes

The Lounge
Barkadion

Running shoes

Post by Barkadion »

I am using new shoes for my BB now. Altra Men's One 2.5. It was recommended on Ross forum by person who trains for triathlon and who runs a lot with different running modalities.

I can assure you guys that it is the best running shoes I've ever used. Seriously. Not too expensive and super-super comfy.
Just sharing..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B7 ... UTF8&psc=1
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

StayGrey

Re: Running shoes

Post by StayGrey »

Barkadion wrote:I am using new shoes for my BB now. Altra Men's One 2.5. It was recommended on Ross forum by person who trains for triathlon and who runs a lot with different running modalities.

I can assure you guys that it is the best running shoes I've ever used. Seriously. Not too expensive and super-super comfy.
Just sharing..

Awesome thanks! In the market for a new pair of runners. Are they good outdoors for trail runs?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

StayGrey wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I am using new shoes for my BB now. Altra Men's One 2.5. It was recommended on Ross forum by person who trains for triathlon and who runs a lot with different running modalities.

Just sharing..

Awesome thanks! In the market for a new pair of runners. Are they good outdoors for trail runs?
This particular model for outdoors. They have trail model as well but I didn't try that one.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Zeohawk

Post by Zeohawk »

What are everybody's thoughts on minimalist shoes? Do they provide a better gait and running form?

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

I’ll 2nd the Alta’s. I have their trail shoes. They are zero (or minimal) drop so in the same vein as minamalist. Connections for trail gaiter. I really like the wide toe box which is designed to be more reflective of foot anatomy. I alternate between these and some Hokas when I run but I have lots foot injuries.

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

Zeohawk wrote:What are everybody's thoughts on minimalist shoes? Do they provide a better gait and running form?
Depends on the individual and what is correct/incorrect about their form. Shoes are not going to correct a form issue on their own. Only coaching can do that (in conjunction with the correct shoes for you...whether that means minimalist or not).

I keep a pair of Merrell trail shoes on hand. They are my "jack of all trades" shoes. Enough cushion to run, firm/supportive enough to lift. They can even get by with jeans in casual situations. All of that makes them especially handy for travel. They happen to be zero drop and somewhat minimalist, but I did not buy them because of those specifications.

I prefer to use traditional running shoes when I can, especially for hard surfaces. Not enough to travel with them though.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.