McGregor vs Mayweather

The Lounge
ectional

Re: McGregor vs Mayweather

Post by ectional »

Somehow every look at McGregor's sparring sessions reduces my belief that he can pull off an upset.

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

spemma wrote:Dana White posted some of McGregors sparring with former two-time world boxing champion Paulie Malignaggi.

https://instagram.com/p/BXrdc2Ygo-H/

https://instagram.com/p/BXrdz9qAL4M/
I don't know enough about boxing to make any sort of judgement, but to my untrained eye it looks like a knock down.

Alexa94

Post by Alexa94 »

This Time McGregor have huge chances to knock Mayweather off!! Mayweather is also now suffering from high weight and technically he is not much fit than McGregor.

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Watching the undercard now. McGregor is toast, Floyd's going to pick him apart. At the end of the day you have an amateur boxer with zero boxing matches under his belt against the best in the world.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Also McGregor landed quite a few good punches. Overall he landed more punches than Manny, which could be attributed to Floyd's more aggressive fighting this time but still. McGregor did get gassed but from watching it back, I do think that ref called it too early. But I'm just an internet commentator so what do I know.
But as it was said, expected result.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Went pretty much as I expected. Mayweather held back the first few to get a feel for McGregor's style and to wear him out a bit, then he turned it on for a late round win.

spemma

Post by spemma »

Entertaining fight. Got to see Mayweather fight aggressive for once. I think McGregor looked very good. When he landed that uppercut in rd 1, I was like holy sh*t he might do this!

Just like Malinaggi said, McGregor had a great tactical game plan to keep touching Mayweather with punches, even though they weren't hard. I thought McGregor took the first 3, mostly due to Mayweather inactivity. I have NO idea how the ringside judges only gave McGregor one of those rounds.

McGregors movement is fantastic. I know he does a lot with Ido Portal (aka "touch butt" per Nate Diaz), and I think it's a bit corny/foofy/dumb, but I guess you can't deny his flow.

I think it's hard to deny that Conor performed tremendously against a top 5 boxer of all time.

alphajuliet92

Post by alphajuliet92 »

McGregor performed well in his debut, and Floyd was good to put on a spectacle for everyone that paid for the fight. McGregor's lack of endurance in the ring makes you wonder if he's been getting his road work in, though.