Fewer people posting?

The Lounge
Green2Blue

Re: Fewer people posting?

Post by Green2Blue »

You can only keep a product or system a source of conversation for so long.

I feel like KB could grow the brand if he really wanted to, but since he's operating under a pseudonym I'll just assume he's got more important things going on.

Even though I'm not running it anymore I absolutely love TB. However, it's just kind of stale. I feel like new articles, and community interaction would help keep things fresh. If things were a bit more interactive around here it would help. Things like weekly or monthly challenges, HIC of the day, topic thread of the week, member interviews, etc. But as I said, it seems like KB has other priorities, which is fine.

Hell even something like an instagram page would keep things updated and increase notoriety.

There are similar products out like SOFlete. Even though I personally feel like TB is superior in many ways, these other products see more involvement because they keep things fresh and interactive.

ARLOG2017

Post by ARLOG2017 »

I'll be honest, I generally just lurk on message boards and use the search feature to answer questions. I read the first book, I visited the website and looked around. I discovered the training logs and reading list thread which prompted me to join because I liked what I saw. You guys are the sort of people I want to actually interact with.
Green2Blue you are right that there is a marketing component to the program and the BB. If anything you could make the forum apart of the opening page, but I think that maybe counterintuitive as the people you want here are the ones that take the time to figure it out. That's just my $.02
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.”
― Epictetus

ectional

Post by ectional »

Same, I'm more of a lurker and sometimes even have problems with updating my workout log. Usually it's just the case of more knowledgeable people have already given their ideas and thoughts and leave me with nothing to say but a lot to read.

travman

Post by travman »

Tym87 wrote:I was thinking the same today while browsing. I have been doing a lot of things in different areas of my life and my online presence has definatly dwindled including updating my training logs.

x2 for me.
Maxrip13 wrote:Most questions are answered pretty quickly and it's not like other forums with the bro science thrown in. The reason the forum is less active than say sherdogs S&P is because we don't have as many thread derails haha.

Need some bro science functional fitness guys to come in and say TB programming is shit to get the discussion going :D
Hahaha, this got a good chuckle out of me.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Less members on this that others I’ve floated around on. For example strongfirst seems to have a wide variety of members and a lot more sub sections to post, there’s a lot of knowledgeable members on that one, but also some bs topics as well. I’ve gotten the best help and advice on this forum than any other health related forum I’ve been on. And I hope I have helped some people as well

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Tyr0331 wrote:Less members on this that others I’ve floated around on. For example strongfirst seems to have a wide variety of members and a lot more sub sections to post, there’s a lot of knowledgeable members on that one, but also some bs topics as well. I’ve gotten the best help and advice on this forum than any other health related forum I’ve been on. And I hope I have helped some people as well
Yep. Quantity doesn't = quality. I post on SF once in a while too but 80% of the content over there leans toward mental masturbation for me.
The TB reddit on the other hand is pretty busy...but again some of that content is repetitive newbie questions.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

A big factor is likely that nobody involved with producing TB content does fitness as his "day job."

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

J-Madd wrote:A big factor is likely that nobody involved with producing TB content does fitness as his "day job."
Agreed. There aren’t many “programs” out there that have the flexibility that TB has. I’ve tried to follow strict strength and conditioning programs where the stress of possibly missing a training session actually became counterproductive to my health and performance at work. The best part about TB is how it lays out the priniciples and decide how you want to apply them

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Green2Blue wrote:You can only keep a product or system a source of conversation for so long.

I feel like KB could grow the brand if he really wanted to, but since he's operating under a pseudonym I'll just assume he's got more important things going on.

Even though I'm not running it anymore I absolutely love TB. However, it's just kind of stale. I feel like new articles, and community interaction would help keep things fresh. If things were a bit more interactive around here it would help. Things like weekly or monthly challenges, HIC of the day, topic thread of the week, member interviews, etc. But as I said, it seems like KB has other priorities, which is fine.

Hell even something like an instagram page would keep things updated and increase notoriety.

There are similar products out like SOFlete. Even though I personally feel like TB is superior in many ways, these other products see more involvement because they keep things fresh and interactive.
What program are you running now?

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Tyr0331 wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:You can only keep a product or system a source of conversation for so long.

What program are you running now?
Alsruhe’s Powerbuilding. Of course modified because I’m a fucking snowflake.