Run Times Stagnating

MxS/SE/HIC/E
spemma

Run Times Stagnating

Post by spemma »

stagnating is a strong word, but i wanted to attract views... :oops:

i've made a lot of progress that i'm very happy about over the past 12 weeks. i've taken my 1.5 mile run down almost 2 full minutes (13:00 > 11:03), and increased my sit-up and push-up numbers. my 300m sprint time was steady at 0:48, but i'm recovering way quicker.

with all that said, after my first 6 weeks, which included basebuilding, i shaved my 1.5 mile run down 1:30 and my 300m sprint was about the same speed. the next 6 weeks, i've shaved my 1.5 mile run time down 0:30 and my 300m sprint is starting to regress (up to 0:50 today, +0:02 from my typical).

now, it could just be time for a break. i've been going 6 days/week for the past 12 weeks. am i past my newbie gains period? or do i need a different routine to get me to the next level?

i know gains can't just be linear and improvement becomes harder to attain the better you get, but i want to make sure i'm thinking about my training appropriately. and i owe everyone here a thank you for pushing me to do basebuilding, which was paramount to my run improvement.

you can view my training log here (http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=5&t=822)

Green2Blue

Re: Run Times Stagnating

Post by Green2Blue »

You might want to consider contacting KB and JMadd for some personal coaching.

spemma

Re: Run Times Stagnating

Post by spemma »

thanks G2B.

i'm probably making an issue out of the natural ebbs and flows of workout progression. i'm going to take next week easy and then get back to the grind.

plus the looming PFT is stressing me out...