TBer reaches 1000lb club with Operator..

MxS/SE/HIC/E
BlackPyjamas

TBer reaches 1000lb club with Operator..

Post by BlackPyjamas »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/commen ... _progress/

His results are impressive after just 6 weeks on Op. No surprise to most of us here, but what's interesting to me is his deadlift set-up. He does them 3 x week, 1 work set per session.
Personally I can't handle that kind of deadlift volume, nevermind after doing squats during the same session. But this has got me interested in trying it as he says he got used to it after a couple weeks.

Anyone else deadlift frequently like this? What were your results? How did you handle it in terms of conditioning and recovery? I'm not convinced deadlifts need that kind of frequency but curious none the less.

WallBilly

Re: TBer reaches 1000lb club with Operator..

Post by WallBilly »

I can do 1 work set of deadlifts on the same day as squats, twice a week.

Never tried it 3X/week.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

BlackPyjamas wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/commen ... _progress/

His results are impressive after just 6 weeks on Op. No surprise to most of us here, but what's interesting to me is his deadlift set-up. He does them 3 x week, 1 work set per session.
Personally I can't handle that kind of deadlift volume, nevermind after doing squats during the same session. But this has got me interested in trying it as he says he got used to it after a couple weeks.

Anyone else deadlift frequently like this? What were your results? How did you handle it in terms of conditioning and recovery? I'm not convinced deadlifts need that kind of frequency but curious none the less.
I’ve had very good results on Op I/A. Last year around this time I hit my 1RM for squats deads and bench right before base building. Since then I went on Fighter I/A for about six months where I felt I was just maintaining strength with all the volume in my other training. I switched to Op I/A in May/June I believe and just re tested my 1RM and I was shocked how well I did. I stopped benching due to a shoulder injury but I got my back squat 10lbs heavier to just under 2x BW and DL 20lbs heavier at 2.5 BW. Pulling .75 BW on my weighted PU. My cardio has felt great as well. The most shocking result is how quickly I recover even if I hit my MS days every other day. I passed the simple goals on S&S and currently working on sinister. I would say Op I/A is the most consistent program I’ve been on with solid results and plenty of room for outside conditioning.

I only deadlift every third session and I feel that is plenty. More frequent squats however, have made a big difference in improvements and mobility

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

Tyr0331 wrote:. . . . I stopped benching due to a shoulder injury . . . .
What did you replace the bench with?

BlackPyjamas

Post by BlackPyjamas »

Tyr0331 wrote:

I’ve had very good results on Op I/A. Last year around this time I hit my 1RM for squats deads and bench right before base building. Since then I went on Fighter I/A for about six months where I felt I was just maintaining strength with all the volume in my other training. I switched to Op I/A in May/June I believe and just re tested my 1RM and I was shocked how well I did. I stopped benching due to a shoulder injury but I got my back squat 10lbs heavier to just under 2x BW and DL 20lbs heavier at 2.5 BW. Pulling .75 BW on my weighted PU. My cardio has felt great as well. The most shocking result is how quickly I recover even if I hit my MS days every other day. I passed the simple goals on S&S and currently working on sinister. I would say Op I/A is the most consistent program I’ve been on with solid results and plenty of room for outside conditioning.

I only deadlift every third session and I feel that is plenty. More frequent squats however, have made a big difference in improvements and mobility
Agreed, I pretty much stick to Op or I/A with a few blocks of Fighter now and then when I want to up my mileage. I'm of the same mind with the DL done once a week, but curious nonetheless of what kind of impact 3x would have.

Regarding your I/A, how many sets per exercise do you think you average (per session)? And would you say you mostly stick to two days off in between?

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

WallBilly wrote:
Tyr0331 wrote:. . . . I stopped benching due to a shoulder injury . . . .
What did you replace the bench with?
As far as a barbell movement, I didn’t replace it with another type of press. I feel that I get all the shoulder work out of S&S and my ETK snatch ladder work every week. My MS cluster has been squats, hang cleans, weighted PU and DL every third session in place of HC

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

BlackPyjamas wrote:
Tyr0331 wrote:

Agreed, I pretty much stick to Op or I/A with a few blocks of Fighter now and then when I want to up my mileage. I'm of the same mind with the DL done once a week, but curious nonetheless of what kind of impact 3x would have.

Regarding your I/A, how many sets per exercise do you think you average (per session)? And would you say you mostly stick to two days off in between?
3-5 working sets for all lifts. Never gone more than that

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

I tried the DL 3x week thing, couldn't keep it up. Had a hard time recovering in between workouts. Just one work set too. I do run a Black-Pro for conditioning, usually with Apex, F5, and some long-ass E, so maybe that affected my experience.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

WallBilly wrote:I can do 1 work set of deadlifts on the same day as squats, twice a week.

Never tried it 3X/week.
This I can handle (Fighter), no doubt the extra rest day in between helps. 3 times is a no-go for me personally. The recovery downtime just interferes too much with the rest of my training week.

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

DocOctagon wrote:
WallBilly wrote:I can do 1 work set of deadlifts on the same day as squats, twice a week.

Never tried it 3X/week.
This I can handle (Fighter), no doubt the extra rest day in between helps. 3 times is a no-go for me personally. The recovery downtime just interferes too much with the rest of my training week.
I can handle squats 3x/week if my sports load and conditioning load are not outrageous, and I have come to believe that proper back squats are the key to a happy, pain-free life. But to be clear, when i said i can pull twice a week on the same day as squatting, I didn't mean just Fighter. I can squat 3x and pull 2x. But i have come to prefer only pulling 1x/week at 1 work set no matter what else I do.