12 Week base block advice

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Ginjadave

12 Week base block advice

Post by Ginjadave »

Hi All,

Im going to run a 12 week base block starting Tomorrow and I'm after some advice. Ive gotten the idea from J-madd and ageless athlete and always feel after an 8 week Base block id like it to be a little longer so though why not.

I usually use Alpha SE but as I've never used it and because variety is the spice of life I'm Going to Tun Tango SE and LSS running for my E with maybe a ruck thrown in once in a while.

My question is how to structure it. Im thinking 8 weeks SE and E the the Final 4 weeks MS and HIC with the once a week E session. I was going to do 5 minute increments, so week 1 LSS 30 min, week 2 35 min , week 3 40 min, week 4 45 min etc etc rather than the usual 10 mimiute increase per week, I know ageless athlete says 30 mins max but i feel i need longer Runs that that. SE wise i guess Tango takes care of the reps question and i like that my workouts will always be short and allow more time for much needed mobility.

What do you guys think about the 8 week / 4 week Split and timings? My SE cluster will be Push ups, 2H KB Swing, TRX Rows, Goblet Squat, Slam Ball slams.

Cheers

Dave

J-Madd

Re: 12 Week base block advice

Post by J-Madd »

Ginjadave wrote:Hi All,

Im going to run a 12 week base block starting Tomorrow and I'm after some advice. Ive gotten the idea from J-madd and ageless athlete and always feel after an 8 week Base block id like it to be a little longer so though why not.

I usually use Alpha SE but as I've never used it and because variety is the spice of life I'm Going to Tun Tango SE and LSS running for my E with maybe a ruck thrown in once in a while.

My question is how to structure it. Im thinking 8 weeks SE and E the the Final 4 weeks MS and HIC with the once a week E session. I was going to do 5 minute increments, so week 1 LSS 30 min, week 2 35 min , week 3 40 min, week 4 45 min etc etc rather than the usual 10 mimiute increase per week, I know ageless athlete says 30 mins max but i feel i need longer Runs that that. SE wise i guess Tango takes care of the reps question and i like that my workouts will always be short and allow more time for much needed mobility.

What do you guys think about the 8 week / 4 week Split and timings? My SE cluster will be Push ups, 2H KB Swing, TRX Rows, Goblet Squat, Slam Ball slams.

Cheers

Dave
This looks fine to me. I wouldn't get to worried about the 30 min LSS recommendation. For the AA crowd, non-military folks, that is probably sufficient. Anything more might cut into other attributes we expect to be dear to older hobbyists. However, if you want push on the endurance front a bit, or just (like me) like putting some longer LSS, then go for it. Have some fun kicking your own butt on the Tango circuits!

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Thanks J-MADD, glad that all looks ok! First tango session today and looking forward too it! I may just keep the LSS shorter, I’ll
See how I feel along the way.

Cheers

Dave.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Ginjadave wrote:Thanks J-MADD, glad that all looks ok! First tango session today and looking forward too it! I may just keep the LSS shorter, I’ll
See how I feel along the way.

Cheers

Dave.

I like how you are progressing the LSS. I think the small 5 min jumps are a great way to go if you want to push the time out. See how much distance you add with that extra 5 mins. It should add some volume really quickly over the week.
I have done similar in the past and had good results.