Little progress update

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Kaito

Little progress update

Post by Kaito »

Whats up guys !

I just wanted to share a bit about my progress. I've did a post before stating some stats but unfortunately, those were a bit inaccurate and i was slower and weaker than i thought.

On 21th May i started with TB and did my first Base-Building Phase.
The days prior i was testing my Maxes which came out at

220 lbs Squat
165 lbs Bench
285 lbs Deadlift
6 Pullups
121 lbs Military Press
5k in 23:00
10k in 50:00

Bodyweight
210 lbs, 6'2.

In Base Building, E mainly consisted of LSS-Runs, SE was mostly Kettlebell. HIC was a mix of BOO, BOO II and all that other good stuff.
After finishing that Phase, i got myself into Operator + Black Pro doing it religiously and missing not a single Strength session.

Strength Cluster: Squat/Bench/WPU
Conditioning Cluster: Variety Junkie, a bit of everything

I wanted to dedicate myself strictly to TB and see how far it would take me. A lot of my time was also invested in Naps, Stretching, Foam Rolling, Mobility etc.
I tested my new Max on 24th of August, doing TB for 3 months strictly as it is written.

Results were quite fantastic:
275 lbs Squat
200 lbs Bench
352 lbs Deadlift
+55lbs Pullup
132 lbs Military
5k in 22:30
10k in 48:00

I was quite shocked how much stronger i just got in 3 months. Could be Newbie-Gains or i just had a fantastic day, i dont know. Interestingly enough, my Deadlift shot up even though iam not doing it anymore.
My 5k and 10k didnt improve that dramatically, but i gotta say that i ate a lot of food and also gained about 10-12lbs in those 3 months.

The first week after my new Max was very tough though. I felt like i couldnt go with a 90% TM so i had to down it to 80% but i guess that is alright.

From 24th of August to now i switched to Fighter and Black Pro, so i could use more time and energy into MMA. The Strength progress might not be as dramatic as before, but im fine with it. Improvements will come.

Long story short,
I love TB. :mrgreen:

godjira1

Re: Little progress update

Post by godjira1 »

those are very good results! Aerobic conditioning clearly isn't your weak point either heh heh.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

ectional

Post by ectional »

How much lifting experience did you have before that?

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Started lifting weights 10 years ago at 16. Sounds a lot but it was always on/off for months and without a structure. Always doing a bit but nothing serious. I guess it build a base for strength nonetheless :)

The current numbers are my all time PR though. It is kinda sad that many years were wasted because i lacked dedication, but thats life right? :P

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Kaito wrote:Whats up guys !

I just wanted to share a bit about my progress. I've did a post before stating some stats but unfortunately, those were a bit inaccurate and i was slower and weaker than i thought.

On 21th May i started with TB and did my first Base-Building Phase.
The days prior i was testing my Maxes which came out at

220 lbs Squat
165 lbs Bench
285 lbs Deadlift
6 Pullups
121 lbs Military Press
5k in 23:00
10k in 50:00

Bodyweight
210 lbs, 6'2.

In Base Building, E mainly consisted of LSS-Runs, SE was mostly Kettlebell. HIC was a mix of BOO, BOO II and all that other good stuff.
After finishing that Phase, i got myself into Operator + Black Pro doing it religiously and missing not a single Strength session.

Strength Cluster: Squat/Bench/WPU
Conditioning Cluster: Variety Junkie, a bit of everything

I wanted to dedicate myself strictly to TB and see how far it would take me. A lot of my time was also invested in Naps, Stretching, Foam Rolling, Mobility etc.
I tested my new Max on 24th of August, doing TB for 3 months strictly as it is written.

Results were quite fantastic:
275 lbs Squat
200 lbs Bench
352 lbs Deadlift
+55lbs Pullup
132 lbs Military
5k in 22:30
10k in 48:00

I was quite shocked how much stronger i just got in 3 months. Could be Newbie-Gains or i just had a fantastic day, i dont know. Interestingly enough, my Deadlift shot up even though iam not doing it anymore.
My 5k and 10k didnt improve that dramatically, but i gotta say that i ate a lot of food and also gained about 10-12lbs in those 3 months.

The first week after my new Max was very tough though. I felt like i couldnt go with a 90% TM so i had to down it to 80% but i guess that is alright.

From 24th of August to now i switched to Fighter and Black Pro, so i could use more time and energy into MMA. The Strength progress might not be as dramatic as before, but im fine with it. Improvements will come.

Long story short,
I love TB. :mrgreen:
Great job Kaito. The perfect example of what focus and consistency can do for you. Those cardiac markers are pretty good too.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Well done.

Kaito

Post by Kaito »