Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

MxS/SE/HIC/E
VenomousCoffee

Re: Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

Post by VenomousCoffee »

eXpo wrote:Is it recommended to use a training max (TM) with the Mass templates or is it percentages from a true 1RM?
Check the FAQs, page 150, think you'll find your answer.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Having read it through once - GREAT book. Enjoyable to read and everything is clearly laid out with no fluff. I'm really looking forward to following the plans.

Thanks TBPenguin! Keep us updated on your progress.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Finished reading last night. Really good book. Thank you KB.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Walker377

Post by Walker377 »

Fingers crossed for a kindle version in the new year. Its not easy get the book shipped via US or UK Amazon to where I live.

onehero95

Post by onehero95 »

Great book KB!

If either goal is max strength OR hypertrophy, I should perform the BB from Mass Protocol first and not from TB2?

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

onehero95 wrote:Great book KB!

If either goal is max strength OR hypertrophy, I should perform the BB from Mass Protocol first and not from TB2?
Thank you Sir. It depends;

1. If focusing on max-strength to a greater degree than normal - MP Base.
2. If training max-strength in the context of regular TB programming to be an all-around killer - TBII Base.

MP Base can be used by any of the following;

- Strength & power athletes
- trainees with no requirement for elite levels of conditioning
- Older trainees with no operational requirements
- Lifestyle athletes, i.e. training for general health and fitness

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Hellequin wrote:I was looking forward to this book for so long! I just ordered it and have to wait now for at least 3 weeks (Switzerland). The cost of the shipping equals the costs of the book. Would love to additionally buy an electronic version what could be read if I am on the road and don't have the hardcopy with me.

Thank you for this KB!
Are you using Amazon.EU? The sale price is across the board - all Amazon markets.

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Barkadion wrote:Finished reading last night. Really good book. Thank you KB.
Thank you Bark!

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

TBPenguin wrote:Having read it through once - GREAT book. Enjoyable to read and everything is clearly laid out with no fluff. I'm really looking forward to following the plans.

Thanks TBPenguin! Keep us updated on your progress.

claude512

Post by claude512 »

Thanks, bought the book the same day as the announcement (discount did work on amazon.de)

It comes at a perfect time, as towards the end of the year I usually do an assessment of my training, where I am, what I’ve done and did it work (spoiler, a year of Op/black was a tremendous success), and what my goals are going forward.

After a year of Op/Black I was thinking about shaking things up a bit, leaning towards a BB phase with a kettlebells component, for no reason other than random variety (I don,t particularily like doing base in winter)
So now you give me a better option, I shall try MT/Green, which looks about perfect for a few cycles to bring in something different whilst being similar enough to spur progress!

I will report back in a few weeks!

Two questions though, around conditioning:
1) I walk 30 mins at least every day since years. Done at a relaxed pace I need this to keep sane (and it has numerous benefits). As I never even come close to where this seems like work I guess I can keep that up without counting as E proper and thus has a limit?
2) i love fobbits! Indoor rower coupled with all kinds of intermissions (sometimes kb press, or, swings, or getups) tick a lot of boxes right now and I really thoroughly enjoy those. Always kept rather easy also.
Technically the book says to only do them in black, not green. But I am mature enough to scale them and use them sparingly and gauge recovery. Ok to keep Fobbits in?

These are beginner questions but I have no experience at all with hypertrophy training

Looking forward to seing what the new load/intensity schemes do for me, stay tuned!