Ideas for SE-Circuits/Clusters

MxS/SE/HIC/E
wcu25rs

Re: Ideas for SE-Circuits/Clusters

Post by wcu25rs »

bumping this just for another cluster idea. I'm in the last week of BB(i did strength focused) so the these last 3 weeks are when I incorporated SE. Went with bodyweight squats, kipping pullups, pushups, KB swings @ 24kg, Ab-mat situps, back extensions. This has proven to be an excellent cluster that I can move through fairly quickly on the 3x20, 2x20, 3x30 and 2x30 days. But man, earlier this week on my 3x40 was a real eye opener. The worst part IMO is the back extensions. After moving through all that you're definitely breathing hard so then laying on your stomach for 40 reps of back extensions sucks. If I do a short SE block down the road, I might stay with this, but may move back extensions to the front.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Personally, I find SE cluster with 4-5 exercises to be perfect. I did 7 for my very first BB and boy it was overkill :roll:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

wcu25rs

Post by wcu25rs »

Barkadion wrote:Personally, I find SE cluster with 4-5 exercises to be perfect. I did 7 for my very first BB and boy it was overkill :roll:
7?....embracing the suck, huh? :lol:

yeah, since most of this is bodyweight 6 works but just barely. had I wanted to include another weighted exercise, I probably would have made it a 4-5 exercise cluster. Starting out, i figured pullups would be the biggest energy and time eater, even though I programmed them early for that reason. But that hasnt been the case. The trio of KB swings, situps, and back extensions to finish the circuit was brutal in the 3x40.