Incorporating cycling into conditioning

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Incorporating cycling into conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

I am getting new road bike for this summer and planning to incorporate it into my TB training. I did cycle a lot in the past (~7 years ago) and I want to get back to it. Just want to ask your advice on your experience with cycling and TB.

I think that I can easily substitute LSS running with cycling. Not sure the best way to address it for HIC.

I train in very early morning starting ~ 4:30AM-5AM and I will be riding around my place which is 100% hilly asphalt roads. Planning to do another rounds of Fighter Bangkok Green around summer time.

Any advice on different cycling drills is appreciated!!

Cheers, gents.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

CD51

Re: Incorporating cycling into conditioning

Post by CD51 »

I think cycling is a great substitute for LSS runs. Just removing the pounding is worth it. For HIIT work I use my indoor roller. Trying to get even work and rest intervals is tough out on the road. And after getting hit by a car while on a hard triathlon training ride I try to keep road work easy and remain alert to traffic. I do have a park and track I go to. I can go hard and not worry about hazards as much.

Like women and beer, the key to cardio is variety.

Barkadion

Re: Incorporating cycling into conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

CD51 wrote:I think cycling is a great substitute for LSS runs. Just removing the pounding is worth it. For HIIT work I use my indoor roller. Trying to get even work and rest intervals is tough out on the road. And after getting hit by a car while on a hard triathlon training ride I try to keep road work easy and remain alert to traffic. I do have a park and track I go to. I can go hard and not worry about hazards as much.

Like women and beer, the key to cardio is variety.
Cheers CD51! Variety it will be!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky