Can't decide between Operator and Fighter...

MxS/SE/HIC/E
CeWo88

Can't decide between Operator and Fighter...

Post by CeWo88 »

Hey!

Like the title says I have a hard time deciding between Operator and Fighter.
I'm a landscaper and we do a lot of big stuff, which means lots of shoveling, carrying heavy stuff, pushing wheelbarrows etc.
That's the reason why I chose TB over over strength routines that demand a lot of recovery.
I also recently purchased a C2 rower and my current goal is to get better at rowing.
I want max strength for general health reasons, to perform good at my job and as "assistance" work for rowing, so it's always a goal to increase it, but right now getting better at rowing is the priority.
To achieve that I will follow the Beginners Pete Plan, which will last 24 weeks and has 3-5 sessions per week (3 mandatory + 2 optional).
I'll use only the 3 mandatory sessions, which consist of 2 LISS sessions (starting at 5k in week 1 and culminating in 12k in week 24) and 1 intervall session (e.g. 8x 500m).
So I already have 5 days of landscaping and 3 days of rowing in my weekly schedule.
Here's my problem, I don't know if adding 3 strength sessions in the form of Operator on top of this would be too much or if I go a more "conservative" route and use Fighter instead.

Cluster for both templates would be standard B/Sq/WPU/DL.
For Operator I'd choose the option to DL only once per week for 3 sets instead of WPUs on that day.
For Fighter I'd go with DL in both sessions, but only 1 working set.

I know you can't definitely tell me what to do, because you don't know about my ability to recover, but maybe give me recommendations based on your own experience.
Right now I'd go with Fighter, see how it goes for 12 weeks and then maybe switch to Operator.

Thanks in advance!

TBPenguin

Re: Can't decide between Operator and Fighter...

Post by TBPenguin »

Fighter with that much rowing. You can always switch to Op after six weeks if you think more strength work is in order.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I agree with Penguin. It sounds like you'd have tons of conditioning work in your life, which is what Fighter is made for.

CeWo88

Post by CeWo88 »

Thanks, I started Fighter with my first session yesterday.