Which sessions for beep test?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Pdlodge

Which sessions for beep test?

Post by Pdlodge »

Hi all

I'm currently on week 5 of following operator/black and everything is going great.

I have a beep test (20m shuttle, MSFT, leger run) coming up in seven weeks and would like to score highly on it.

My 1.5 mile time was 10:30 last time I ran it a few months ago. I haven't run a beep test in years but would guess I'd probably score between 9-11 on it. I'd like to get at least level 11 when I take it next month.

Which conditioning sessions would best improve my score? I'm following the standard black routine as written in the book

CD51

Re: Which sessions for beep test?

Post by CD51 »

On your next E day do a mock test and see where you are. If your close to what you want to do on the actual test you could likely stay the course. If your way off then maybe changing templates to something like Fighter to get more conditioning in may help.

400 repeats x 8-10 and 1.5 mile runs will serve you well. Apex hills will work also for variety. On the shuttle run you’re likely not going to get ‘faster’ but you can improve technique on the turns. Practicing will help.